My Military Service

19delta

Joined the Maine Army National Guard in Sept 2000 62E (now 21E) went to Iraq in 2004 to 2005 Came home was home 6 months went to LA for Katrina relief worked full time for the guard with my unit and with DFE and the State Commo shop went to AZ in 2007 to work on the border left AZ went to WV transferred to the WV Army National Guard re classed to 19D went to Iraq again in 2009 to 2010 medical discharge in Jan 2011 loved serving my country and states had a blast been all over the place saw and experienced some amazing things and would do it all over again

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Thanks to all the others who have served :biggun:

I joined the Army in 94 and spent 4 years at the armpit of America aka Ft. Benning Ga. I did basic, AIT, airborne school and RIP (Ranger Indoctrination Program) before being assigned to 3rd Ranger Battalion. While there I got to go to ranger school, L.R.R.P.S., S.E.R.E. school and a few other small schools like assault climber and stinger school. I miss it somedays but I'll always miss the brotherhood we had.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Join the Army right out of high school back in 1972-2000, got out as a MSG and love it. I been many places and seen a lot of things in my 28 years of being in the military.

huntram03

I joined the Army in 03 when I was 23 because I got layed off and had a young son and needed insurance for him and my wife at the time (now ex-wife thanks to dear john letter while deployed). I also wanted to do what I could for the country post 9-11.

When I joined my MOS was 98C Intel Anaylist but got reclassed to 88H while in basic. Did my basic at Ft. Jackson SC then went on to Ft. Eustis VA for AIT. After graduating Distinguished Honor Grad, I was placed at Ft. Story VA. (Just north of VA Beach) After being there for 3 months one of the units was askin for volenteers to deploy to Iraq, being as the only 5 people there that I called friends volenteered so did I. We deployed on Valentines Day 04 and returned on V-Day 05.

While deployed our company was split up into 6 different areas of Iraq. I was the LT's driver for 5 mos untill he got promoted and left. New LT didnt want to leave camp so I got attached to a convoy protection Platoon. I got the pleasure of seeing most of Iraq and the surrounding countrys.

After we got back I was assigned to Funeral Detail and thats where I spent the last year of my 3 year service. I was medically discharged due to knee issues. I loved most every minute of my service and made some of the best friends anyone could ask for...

Sent from my moble treestand entertainment system

otasan

Full Access Member
I joined the USN in June 1974 and went to boot camp in Orlando, FL, followed by ASW training in San Diego. Then I went to my first ship - the USS Rowan (DD-782) - an old WWII destroyer built in 1944 over in Yokosuka, Japan. We set sail with the carrier USS Midway (CVA-41) to the Vietnam evacuation on 28-29April1975. The Seventh Fleet evacuated thousands of Vietnamese civilians and military personnel. Operation Frequent Wind was the last military operation for US forces in Vietnam. All of the evacuees went to Southern CA. After more ASW training in SD (1976-78) I reported for duty aboard another old DD - the USS Vogelgesang (DD-862) in Newport, RI. I spent a year with DD-862 in a Norfolk, VA shipyard. I went to NYC and PR and the VI on the Vogelgesang. I got out in June 1980.

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
USMC in 68 out 71 and have been trying to unscrew my hat ever scene. The few the proud the last to get upgrades.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I joined the USN in June 1974 and went to boot camp in Orlando, FL, followed by ASW training in San Diego. Then I went to my first ship - the USS Rowan (DD-782) - an old WWII destroyer built in 1944 over in Yokosuka, Japan. We set sail with the carrier USS Midway (CVA-41) to the Vietnam evacuation on 28-29April1975. The Seventh Fleet evacuated thousands of Vietnamese civilians and military personnel. Operation Frequent Wind was the last military operation for US forces in Vietnam. All of the evacuees went to Southern CA. After more ASW training in SD (1976-78) I reported for duty aboard another old DD - the USS Vogelgesang (DD-862) in Newport, RI. I spent a year with DD-862 in a Norfolk, VA shipyard. I went to NYC and PR and the VI on the Vogelgesang. I got out in June 1980.

I was stationed over in Germany back in '75 and remember watching the news of dumping helicopters off the carriers and waiting for more to land...sad ending of our involvement and sacrifices of the war.

chopper1.jpg

otasan

Full Access Member
I was stationed over in Germany back in '75 and remember watching the news of dumping helicopters off the carriers and waiting for more to land...sad ending of our involvement and sacrifices of the war.

chopper1.jpg

Turn the camera 100 degrees to the left and you'd see my DD-782 steaming right behind the USS Midway. 28Apr75

KrisJacob

Banned
If any person would like to make a career in defence field with getting reputed position job, then join a military force that will be a good option for him. Navy, air-force and other many defence forces are also good option for career in defence.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
If any person would like to make a career in defence field with getting reputed position job, then join a military force that will be a good option for him. Navy, air-force and other many defence forces are also good option for career in defence.

But before you join our armed forces, I'd suggest to anyone to finish high school, or at least the 6th grade and learn to spell "defense", if you intend to defend our country so that you don't make a big horse's ass of yourself. Just Sayin' :shrug:

Thanks for the reported post cce. I deleted his other posts and he won't be coming back. Maybe he'll go back to school so he can join our armed forces instead of be a spammer all his life.

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Or at least get close enough for spell check to work on it. I have a dyslexic key board.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Or at least get close enough for spell check to work on it. I have a dyslexic key board.

I just turn my keyboard upside down cuz I can't afford that fancy one you have. What sucks though, that puts all my hot keys at the bottom instead of the top.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts