Mug shots used as targets

kwo51

Full Access Member
Maybe they should use pictures out of the sears catalog. Take the damn targets down when you are done. The use of ethnic targets is necessary for shoot no shoot night drills.

Last edited:

cce1302

Full Access Member
Only criminals get mug shots? Kind of a slam dunk for the prosecution then.

Judge: How do you know he's guilty?
Prosecutor: Here's his mug shot.
Judge: Guilty.

Fortunately, nobody who has ever been arrested for a crime has been acquitted. That would just be messy.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Frankly, if the mugshots were of a bunch of white dudes this would not even be a story.
The sad state of the media is that racism is always assumed. It's in the first sentence of the article and mentioned in the first line of the video.

A South Florida family is outraged at North Miami Beach Police after mug shots of African American men were used at a shooting range for police training.

Anything that generates outrage and increases internet hits.

cce1302

Full Access Member
I don't know if this was aimed at me for my comment above. But for the record. I never claimed they were innocent or guilty. I just commented that they had done something in order to get a mug shot taken of them. I guess the mug shots belong to the police dept. and can be used as they see fit. Was it poor judgment to use only pictures of black men? Yeah, I think they should have mixed it up. It was also bad judgment to leave the targets up.

Now I have to ask myself if I'd get all bent outta shape if I walked into a range and found a picture of myself or loved one riddled with bullet holes. I think I may have a question or two about their intent but really no harm was done.

Yeah, that was the comment I'm referring to. It's out of line. Whether you used the word guilty or not, your implication was obvious, and still is.

The point made in the article that these police officers may be seeing those pictured on their targets when they're armed on duty should be enough to give a person second thoughts about the idea.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Yeah, that was the comment I'm referring to. It's out of line. Whether you used the word guilty or not, your implication was obvious, and still is.

The point made in the article that these police officers may be seeing those pictured on their targets when they're armed on duty should be enough to give a person second thoughts about the idea.

You're reading more into my comments than was inferred.

cce1302

Full Access Member
Just think before you post. A lot of people have been arrested in spite of having done nothing wrong.

Making yourself out to be better than them when they're not here to defend themselves is pretty weak, don't you think?

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I see your point of view. My original post will be deleted. It wasn't meant in that vain.

Last edited:

oppo

Full Access Member
Just when you think they can't get any more ridiculous, they go and prove you wrong...

Just shoot at enlarged bowling pin silhouettes...
mi4uTMvUt4JWJKjiZM61HgQ.jpg

liquor bottle

kwo51

Full Access Member
Hell peta will pitch a fit about animals on targets. This is all bull shit from someone not pulling there targets.

Members online

No members online now.