Misleading gun stories hurt press image

ViperJeff

Administrator
Looks like people are starting to get it

The newspaper explains that in the wake of the Aurora incident, Centennial State residents are turning thumbs down on new gun control initiatives, and instead literally sticking to their guns.

According to a Denver Post poll taken two months after the shooting, “Fifty-six percent said it was more important to protect the right to own guns versus 39 percent who said controlling gun ownership and 5 percent who answered they weren't sure. Men tended to be more likely to defend gun ownership, with 63 percent supporting the right to own guns and 32 percent saying gun control was more important.”

The Story

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
My image of the press couldn't get any lower. It seems as if it's Government run. In this case since we have a Dem president it appears to push the liberal agenda. As I recall, I think the media was bashing Bush but Obama can do no wrong. So possibly they are liberal all along. I don't believe a word the say or print.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Can't argue that, They are streaching everything to show Obama in the lead

I guess the days of non biased truth in reporting are long gone. The owners of the media are all part of the elite group who put Obama in office the first go round. I think they are artificially inflating his numbers now so that after the "Election exercise" they can say it was close but he gets a second term.

Did you see the video at the DNC where they were trying to get a 2/3 vote to put God/Jerusalem back on the platform? There was no way a 2/3 vote was reached but they claimed it did and made it so. I think the presidential election will go similarly.

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Administrator
Yea, I thought that was pretty funny to tell you the truth

I did some work for a pollster way back in the day. I learned that the questions are carefully scripted to get a favorable response to the group wanting the poll done. This means if they want to make someone look good, thats the way the questions are engineered. If they want to make someone look bad, same principle, just change the wording a bit. It was all very interesting

oppo

Full Access Member
I lost all respect for the media during the branch davidian mess. One of the networks got on a big gun control kick. They put firearms all over the stage with a Browning 12 gauge front and center. The anchor went on a rant about how this was such a devastating weapon and nobody should be able to own one because "you could blow someone's head off at 1000 yards."

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Oh, man....Diane Sawyer is my favorite news anchor........NOT!

I can't stand to look at her or even hear her voice. She is big time anti gun.
When she asks a question on a subject she doesn't agree with she really screws up her face. Even my wife will change the channel the moment she sees her.

Members online

No members online now.