Minnesota homeowner found guilty of shooting teenagers

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I followed this case pretty closely from the beginning. It was pretty clear that he was guilty of murder to me.

Hang him

kwo51

Full Access Member
Thats what they will do to you if you shoot in self defense. CCW with a gun is premeditation.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Thats what they will do to you if you shoot in self defense. CCW with a gun is premeditation.

I hope you are wrong in that assumption. Some liberal areas probably do see it that way.

If memory serves.....is this the guy who laid in wait for these teens to come down into the basement and shot them and then even once the threat was eliminated, went back and shot some more? Excessive force? By his own admission? If this is that guy then yeah, he got what he deserved IMO.....I think.

And there was a discussion about CCW=murder on another forum. If that's so then owning a fire extinguisher=arsonist. Having a CCW and carrying does not predispose you to go on a shooting spree. It allows you to protect yourself against someone who does. And statistics would show they are not CCW holders.

Last edited:

oppo

Full Access Member
Yes, this is that guy and yes, it was murder according to his own words. He even switched firearms after his rifle jammed and went back for "a good clean finishing shot". He not only crossed the line, he was stupid enough to blab about it.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Yes he made some mistakes. When you have been violated over and over you take actions to stop it.I don't think murder one will stand in the first shooting but the second is iffy. I carry a spare tire because a flat my occur. Is that common sense or premeditation. What would a reasonable and prudent person do if violated over and over? Killing is never the best choice, just sometimes the only one.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
If your going to get another weapon after you have neutralized the threat is murder for sure in my book. Not self defense if your waiting for them in your basement.
Concealed 27

kwo51

Full Access Member
Did you know that all the thief's were done. When my gun runs dry I'm getting another one and will still keep protecting my home. How did you know the treat was over? My gun beside my bed is there waiting for anyone that would come in uninvited.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I understand his frustration of being robbed before and doing everything legal within the law to protect your property and life but this guy crossed way over the line. He had every intention in shooting anybody who entered his home again but bragging about it like it was some deer kill was beyond the intention of the law. To me justice was served. Would I shoot somebody who broke into my house??..sure..but would I shoot them like eight times to prove a point..probably not.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Yep, the evidence shows that there is no "self-defense" in this case.
He waited for them, let them enter unchallenged, and basically ambushed the first victim. Then he returned to kill the second victim well after any threat had passed.

The guys actions are indefensible. He acted like he was shooting raccoons off his trash heap. The case just turns my stomach, and any attempt at justifying his crime is (IMO) severely misguided

kwo51

Full Access Member
Sounds to me like he was. Ya he was out of line but you can only push a person so far . He was doing what he did for our government all over the world.

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
He made many mistakes. Audio recording the entire event, wait more than 24 hours before dialing 911, putting the bodies on tarps and dragging then to the garage just to name a few. He crossed the line. The good news is that there are two less thieves in the world.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Jesus Christ, I'm thinking the biggest mistake he made was KILLING 2 PEOPLE THAT HE DIDN'T HAVE TO

kwo51

Full Access Member
Sounds like somebody needed to. Monsters walk among us and only those willing to risk their lives can stop them.That is the way way some people saw Danny Rollins, I could have pulled the switch with no problem.

Last edited:

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
"I’m sure he and a friend, Michael Sambrano, were doing what they thought they needed to do to survive.”

“He is a good person,” Davison cried. “Was a good person. He was just misunderstood.

How about getting jobs and making something of your lives instead of robbing some old lady..misunderstood???..that mother needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Members online

No members online now.