Magazine Ban os 2013

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Those bitches, Dianna and Diane can kiss my fuggin ass !!! I beat them this time for this round of crap, and hope I have enough mags to get these bills repealed someday.

I ordered these 2 days after CT, KNOWING something would be going down and got in before the price gouging started on Buy It Now Auctions that were already 2-3 days old. All of these came from the same seller.

BX25 10/22 25rd $28ea x 2
Glock17 17rd $28 x 1 (Thought that was a bit high, but did it anyway)
Ruger P89 15rd $27 x 1
Glock22 15rd $24 x 2 (For use in my G23 with XGrip Spacers)

Shipping a bit stiff at $20 so it worked out, $30 even for each of them. Just glad to have them. Oh, and I also scored 4 more G22 15 Factory G mags for $26each, with shpping $114. Those should be here about anytime too.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mags 002a.jpg
    Mags 002a.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 28

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
If you wanna sell one of those ruger bx25 mags lmk. I had a chance to buy a dozen at $30 a pop and didn't. I'm kicking myself in the ass for it now

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
If you wanna sell one of those ruger bx25 mags lmk. I had a chance to buy a dozen at $30 a pop and didn't. I'm kicking myself in the ass for it now

Oh yeah, kick yourself hard. I kicked myself, when I was at Academy, and they had like 30, so I wasn't worried. Went back 2 days later and all gone. I wasn't spending $29.95 on them so I didn't get any. Til I realized Ohhh Sheeeet, I fugged up. Then got lucky and found these 2 and jumped on it. I'd like to have at least 4 more. I have 4 10/22 between me and the ones I've given to my kids. I do also a couple Hot Lips, and Steel Lips but who knows how long they will last.

So, I'm looking for more BX25's too. If I find some, I'll get as many as I can if they are priced right and let you know. I expect even at an online retailer that isn't gouging, $40 is probably going to be a fair price now. They are $75-$90 on GB now.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Oh yeah, kick yourself hard. I kicked myself, when I was at Academy, and they had like 30, so I wasn't worried. Went back 2 days later and all gone. I wasn't spending $29.95 on them so I didn't get any. Til I realized Ohhh Sheeeet, I fugged up. Then got lucky and found these 2 and jumped on it. I'd like to have at least 4 more. I have 4 10/22 between me and the ones I've given to my kids. I do also a couple Hot Lips, and Steel Lips but who knows how long they will last.

So, I'm looking for more BX25's too. If I find some, I'll get as many as I can if they are priced right and let you know. I expect even at an online retailer that isn't gouging, $40 is probably going to be a fair price now. They are $75-$90 on GB now.

I was gonna offer you either $40 or a pmag if you were in a position to let one go. I only own one 10/22 presently and have one 25 rounder and three 10 rounders for it. I did see a 10/22 with a bx25 included for $250 on a local site today. I just wanna buy a CCW first lol. Hopefully things return to somewhat normal

Mockstar

Full Access Member
they had like 30, so I wasn't worried.

I wasn't spending $29.95 on them so I didn't get any.

Til I realized Ohhh Sheeeet, I fugged up.

That was me........kept spending all my spare change on ammo, now I have nothing to load them in. :wtf2: The .22 was the last of my worries, and I should have known better. Went thru the same thing in the mid 90s.

I just wanna buy a CCW first lol. Hopefully things return to somewhat normal

This is also what I am focused on now

Last edited:

KKing

Full Access Member
I have to day I did good. Woke up the morning of the day everything happened in CT, realized something would happen, and immediately ordered magazines and magazine repair kits for every weapon I own. Figured I'd post this here:
http://youtu.be/M1u0Byq5Qis

Mockstar

Full Access Member
The thing that kicked my ass was the time of year all this shit happened. Right around Christmas, so the holiday budget was already spoken for. Seasonal layoff for me from beginning of Dec to Jan 21st. Even if I had wanted to make a mad dash to the stores, I would'a had to knock the wife over the head first and steal the checkbook. :badidea:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Don't panic that is what the powers to be want. A couple more mass shooting and your neighbors and family will turn you in. Plenty of mags out there and next year we will need more room in our safes so we will sell some redundant stuff.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I won't panic. I agree there will still be things available, just that it will be 3x the price now. Like Mockstar, funds aren't the best for me right now. But, I took allotted funds from one area and used them, so now I'm playing catch up. Not so bad though, I did give up some auto parts I wanted to keep around, but made the choice there were a few firearm related things I wanted more, so lets just say, I sold some iron, to get some steel, and maybe a little plastic.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Spent $25 on three Magpul MOE rails this morning......2 five slot ($5.99), and one 9 slot ($7.99). My LGS still had a decent amount of bolt on Magpul accessories, and non were really marked up.

Members online

No members online now.