M&P Shield

USMC1188

As I can see, this is definitely a hot topic.

I currently own an awesome fullsize M&P40 and absolutely love everything about it.

I am currently looking for a perfect concealed carry platform for both me and my wife. With my positive experience with my M&P40, the M&P9s, and M&P9 Pro Series that we used in the police academy, I am really leaning towards an M&P40 Shield for me and either an M&P40 or M&P9 Shield for my wife.

My question is this... has anyone fired one? Who has personal experience with these guns? I want details, honest opinions, and if you think that I should pursue a couple of these weapons for my family.

oppo

Full Access Member
I carry a full size M&P in 357 Sig and a while back I shot a Shield in 40. For what it is, I like the little gun and it does have a familiar feel, just much smaller. It feels like a baby M&P. My personal opinion is that, especially for a woman, the 9 makes a little bit more sense in such a small gun. I definitely recommend trying one out and it would be very easy to conceal. For that matter, your M&P wouldn't be difficult to carry and is definitely a superior weapon to any sub compact. I carry mine all the time under just a t-shirt.

USMC1188

Thanks!

That is what I am looking for. I can carry my full size as well, but in the summer, it becomes much harder, so the smaller platform of basically the same weapon will be great!

Members online

No members online now.