LOVE my new Inforce Weapons Light

Bluez

Full Access Member
Love my new Inforce Weapon mounted light. (Inforce WML)

I was real sceptical at first buying a WL that costs only $90 and has only 125 lumens.
The "only" 125 Lumens didn't bother me, since that's still a lot compared to back in the day and my only application for the weapon light would be indoor defense during a blackout using mostly strobe function.

And i wanted something simple that would mount neatly and not add too much bulk or weight.
It was listed as light and taking only one btry so i knew it likely <was> light.

Though it doesnt feature my neatly integrated pressure plate for the VFG like my Surefire did, my VFG on the LWRC doesnt have a "channel" for the pressure plate anyway, the way my UTG VFG did.

it mounts very easily and securely the body is a polymer and this between the single battery is likely responsible for its low weight.
I have not yet been able to test it's ruggedness and I suspect it is not nearly as rugged as a Surefire of course... but then it installs so close to the rail that IMO it is less likely to bang into stuff than my older Surefire was.

And now for the pics of the installation! :roflsquared:

Attachments

• 100_1605.jpg
    100_1605.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1606.jpg
    100_1606.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_1607.jpg
    100_1607.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 22

Bluez

Full Access Member
Got another one of this in last week.

Mounted it tonite on my SIG 516 to practice some night time house clearing.

(there is not much "house" tho.. so I suppose you could say I just walked around different corners of the apt in the dark orieting myself using the strobe from my WML with the rifle at "ready point" )

Again what I like about this light it is so unobstrsive when not used.

Its light ( only 1 btry!) has no edges, doesnt jut out from the rifle so adds very little bulk and weight..

Now if I was aSWAT team member conducting night time raids as 95% of my "business" my PoU would be different and I would desire a more powerful and substantial light and the extra weight/bulk/cost would be almost immaterial to me as the light is so critical in that PoU.

But as a civilian first defender my PoU needs this: a light thats so unobtrusive you dont even notice its on there until you may need it.

Attachments

• 100_1608.jpg
    100_1608.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_1609.jpg
    100_1609.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_1611.jpg
    100_1611.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_1612.jpg
    100_1612.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
Ok I bought a second one and mounted it on another rifle.

For completeness sake I must say that the trigger button on this one seems to be less responsive and you sometimes have to push harder and/or just so to make strobe on.

So its finicky and sometimes needs an extra push. Still a lot better than no light
but in a firefight that could be a detriment so I may replace this light.

Lost the packaging long time ago not sure how pratcical to go thru the hoops of replacing it.

Was looking to buy a 3rd one for a 3rd rifle while this happend ( they are sold out of the basic model most places)

STF

Full Access Member
I'm planning on getting one of those but I need to mount it at a 45 off the front of my Troy rail since I have the pop up front sight rail. I've heard bad things about it being loose on those thorntail mounts.

How about some night/light on pics or a video?

Bluez

Full Access Member
Ok I'll take some but I am not sure how well it will show the light output, which BTW is 120 lumens.. not tons but enough I think especially if this gives me the lightness and smallness I crave :)

Bluez

Full Access Member
PS: So far it seems to be holding up ok mounted next to where my piston guns expel their hot gases. and I do tend to shoot a decent firing schedule
Not like a ranger or so, but certainly more than most

Members online

No members online now.