Lehigh Defense 300 blackout Buck

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
It's always tough to lose and animal. Fortunately, I have yet to not recover a deer, but I have lost small game and it never ceases to make me sick with myself.

Difficult to tell by the video, but by the way the deer reacted, it does look like a front shoulder hit. Even a walking deer makes for a more difficult target. Next time try a short, sharp whistle or "grunt" just before you take the shot. This technique will often stop the animal long enough to get a cleaner shot at a still target.

What are the specs on the bullet/load of the Blackout? speed? bullet weight, etc.?

Oh, and killer beard!

kwo51

Full Access Member
That beard was fake, so we could not get him for shooting bambi, and sharing that back strap.

STF

Full Access Member
It's always tough to lose and animal. Fortunately, I have yet to not recover a deer, but I have lost small game and it never ceases to make me sick with myself.

Difficult to tell by the video, but by the way the deer reacted, it does look like a front shoulder hit. Even a walking deer makes for a more difficult target. Next time try a short, sharp whistle or "grunt" just before you take the shot. This technique will often stop the animal long enough to get a cleaner shot at a still target.

What are the specs on the bullet/load of the Blackout? speed? bullet weight, etc.?

Oh, and killer beard!

Yep I fucked up on the shot for sure. I looked at going into this subsonic hunting thing like I am holding a bow instead of a rifle and I knew that shot placement was crucial..... Needless to say I screwed the pooch on this one. Next time out I'm carrying my 308 bolt gun so I can put some jerly in the freezer.

The beard is getting a little ridiculous to be honest but It's a part of me now.

kwo51

Full Access Member
We had so many hogs in the place I hunted we just killed them and let then lay mostly they if they were boar hogs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts