Last man to see Hitler alive died today

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
He was no brute. He was no monster. He was no superman," Misch said.

Yeah he just wanted to conquer the world is all..imagine if he had nukes?..we probably all wouldn't be sitting here. Not to mention the six million Jews and the 45 million killed during WW2...not a monster????.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Not so dissimilar from today folks except for the body count. The man (Hitler) was changing the world while being charming as well. Some people fell for it, some people saw what was going on but couldn't do anything about it.

Today, instead of trying to wipe out a religious group, he's trying to wipe out conservatives/independents. And if things continue down this path, the body count may start rising. The talk of FEMA Camps, all the ammo DHS has bought and armored vehicles tends to make one think we just haven't gotten to that point yet.

Bluez

Full Access Member
I wasn't really trying to start a political discussion ( which is easy tho since the vicotr writes the history, if the nazis had won they would have had good reason put many allied leaders in war criminals trials but that is for another day)..

I thought of this more like a human interest story. how history and the fates tumble our lives around when you look at the story of this man.

What the article leaves out is that he wrote a letter to Berija ( Soviet Sceret Segice Chief) after months of torture in the Lubjlijanka, to just shoot him rather than keep torturing him (they were trying to extract from him where Hitler was "hiding")

In an irony of history they stopped mostly stopped torturing him after that.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Sorry, I was just trying to show the possible repeating of history and where we may be in that timeline.

I read the article and found it interesting in the fact that he, who was so close to Hitler, didn't see the monster in him. I don't think he had any idea what was going on around him. He had no idea of the concentration camps and the mass killings. I wonder how he was not privy to any of those conversations or orders being given. Either he was blind to it or chose to ignore it.

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I wasn't really trying to start a political discussion ( which is easy tho since the vicotr writes the history, if the nazis had won they would have had good reason put many allied leaders in war criminals trials but that is for another day)..

I thought of this more like a human interest story. how history and the fates tumble our lives around when you look at the story of this man.

What the article leaves out is that he wrote a letter to Berija ( Soviet Sceret Segice Chief) after months of torture in the Lubjlijanka, to just shoot him rather than keep torturing him (they were trying to extract from him where Hitler was "hiding")

In an irony of history they stopped mostly stopped torturing him after that.

I can probably agree with you on this. We'd never know the the whole story but it's fact and overwhelming proof of mass killing and suffering with an effort of genecide going on at the hands of Hitler's command. Obviously whatever it took to defeat him was done.

I am certain there are many many things the US Citizens don't know and some things I believe they don't need to know for national security reason. Example, So we want the world to believe we've disabled and destroyed ALL of our Nukes. :rofl: Yeah Right !!! I'm sure we've still have several strategically placed nukes and a big red buttons in a few different locations. And if and when one last Hail Mary is needed AGAIN, we're prepared.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Actually, in the end, we were lucky Hitler was in charge. He made so many bad decisions, centralized too much power, and over-ruled many other more qualified individuals; that he himself became a big part of the failure of his own plans.

>He launched Barbarossa before his commanders were ready.
>During the Battle of Britain, it was Hitler who insisted switching to bombing cities instead of strategic targets in England.
>His fascination with "wonder weapons" sapped resources from other places the time/troops/money would have been better spent.
>His constant meddling in weapons development slowed many promising concepts.
>His paranoia and ego centralized so much power and decision making that it basically handcuffed his commanders at the front.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Actually, in the end, we were lucky Hitler was in charge. He made so many bad decisions, centralized too much power, and over-ruled many other more qualified individuals; that he himself became a big part of the failure of his own plans.

>He launched Barbarossa before his commanders were ready.
>During the Battle of Britain, it was Hitler who insisted switching to bombing cities instead of strategic targets in England.
>His fascination with "wonder weapons" sapped resources from other places the time/troops/money would have been better spent.
>His constant meddling in weapons development slowed many promising concepts.
>His paranoia and ego centralized so much power and decision making that it basically handcuffed his commanders at the front.

Quoted for truth with evryr point.
Thos what many called his "blunder" of going after the Ukriane first instead of Moscow I actually agree with.
Taking moscow wouldhave ha dsymbolic value but taking Ukraine had the iron ore and managnese , coal etc germany needed for the war effort.

I think his operational and tactical decisions were unsound but the strategic direction he folowed was 100% IAW modern strategic thinking, which in those days was not commonplace yet.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
hitler_with_child1.jpg

doublestack

While in Vegas about 15 years ago, went to a car museum where they had a car/limo that Hitler had used....talk about a eerie feeling, sent chills up my spine for sure!

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Just owning any Nazi material whether it be vehicles or weapons does nothing for me, he was just a sick man who had serious mental problems. I just don't see why anyone would want anything that the mass murderer owned...except the pistol which took his life, I would treasure that cause it ended his sorry ass life. My heart to this day goes out to the Jewish community and the children which parents lost there life to the bastard......JMHO, Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.