KY lawmaker fires gun in office

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Most new semi auto's have a loaded chamber indicator. If only she knew what that little thing sticking out meant.

ninja man

Full Access Member
i dont know of any rugers that can do that though. and thats what she had. as pro gun as i am, i still think getting a handgun should require more indepth hands on training before allowing someone a loaded firearm.

Arckadian

I think most gun owners would agree with Ninja. Just cause you can GET a gun does not mean you shouldn't have TRAINING. A basic understanding of how the firearm works is always a good thing, but there are places like Gander Mountain for a very good reason.

kwo51

Full Access Member
This country was founded on self government! People taking personal responsibility for their own actions.Training is great and with that training comes risk. Always had men killed in training accidents,both military and private life. Might be a good idea if she lost her permit for a while to get some better training. The gun was pointed in a safe direction so some thing worked.JMO

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Mandatory gun training is a slippery slope I sometimes find myself trying to climb. But I soon realize that it opens up the possibility that I may be required to take a class in order to purchase a gun. Are gun classes a good idea? Yeah, for the most part. Do I want it to be a requirement? Something I have to do in order to be a gun owner? No, I don't think so. It just allows them to create more and more regulation.

But if you own a weapon that you are not familiar with. Then yes, seek out someone who can answer your questions and show you how the gun operates and what to be careful about.

Last edited:

STF

Full Access Member
The USSR has stood up around 30,000,000 armed citizens through the DOSAF program.

Too bad our CMMP program isn't still as good as it was.

Members online

No members online now.