Just sold my LMT to buy a M6A2 but

Bluez

Full Access Member
M6A2, aftermarket Ceracoted (dont know if that makes a difference by making it tight in the upper or anything).

Took it out to fire for first time.
Put my stuff on it , an Aimpoint PRO and a AFG (I like both an AFG and a VFG depending on my stance at the time)
Went thru Zeroing the Irons and the AIMpoint PRO with PMC Bronze and then XTac.
Went w/o a hitch.

The went to battle drills and more rapid fire.
At this point I am out of PMC Bronze and only firing M193 XTac.

However I get a failure to feed on the second to last round.
twice.

basically the round was halfway inserted and the bolt force it againt the feedramp of the chamber by its middle.

Round fell out easily after locking bolt to the rear.

Thinking it might be a magazine (I own a mix of Magpul and Gen 2 TAPCOS, it was the TAPCOs I had with me today never had any problem before and both magazines were fairly new)

ity happend a total of 3 times.

I was thinking it was the magazines even though they look perfect and are fairly new and i use them on my other LWRC w/o any problems of any kind.

I attached pics of the rounds too.

but form looking at the rounds it looks like it wasnt magazines...
From looking at the rounds it looks like the BCG and/or bolt was not back far enough when the round came up.
So it grabbed it incompletely

from looking at the rounds the LGS AR gurus thought the bolt had not ridden back all the way.
That for some reason the ammo might have been too soft (tho I was shooting XTac, which while mnot being Lake City is certainly not a soft round)

recommended switching from a H2 to an H1 buffer.
( I have one at home which I will put in before i go back)

I had a similiar failure mode only once before when I was shooitng 223 out of a daniel defense that had an H buffer and the previous owner had put in a too big ( rifle?) spring.

Back then was able to fix it by changing out the spring to carbine spring and the buffer to carbine buffer.

HI rez pics of the rounds are attached.
Fsailure happend w/ 2 different magazines however both at the 2nd ot last round.

Attachments

• 100_0557.jpg
    100_0557.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_0559.jpg
    100_0559.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_0554.jpg
    100_0554.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Bluez

Full Access Member
Makes me miss my $800 Delton which worked no matter what Ammo or Mags you put in it.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Went back and shot with 3 different magazines.
total of 150 rounds

All PMags.

No feed problem of any kind.

Problem IDed with good confidence as a weak magazine spring issue.

Last edited:

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Glad you figured it out. I haven't heard many good things about tapco mags for AR's. Heard they great for AK's though

Bluez

Full Access Member
That's a sweet looking pow pow. Sure glad you got the issue resolved. :waytogo:

Thanks!!

When its a cheap gun I dont sweat it is I have any problems..
but if its such an expensive piece its a problem because I cant just put i in a corner and declare it a parts gun :)

Bluez

Full Access Member
A newer pic. I moved the Aimpoint to adjust for the fact that my recent eye surgery made me farsighted ( tho it fixed my myopia!) so I wont my sight a bit further from my eyes now.

Added a BCM Gunfighter Charging handle too as evidenced in the 2nd pic. :)

Attachments

• 100_0569bvb.jpg
    100_0569bvb.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0570bvb.jpg
    100_0570bvb.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 10

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Nice looking piece. How do you like the bcm gunfighter charging handle. I've been thinking about putting one on one of my rifles

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I have no problems with my 2 tapco mags I have, but there fairly new so spring is strong...JMHO

Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.