I need a reloading Guru's Help. (5.56 help)

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Just got my box of 1000+ rounds of once fired mixed head stamp military brass.

I haven't sorted it all out yet, but it seems to be mostly LC, WCC, and TAA Nato stamped brass.

I have a bunch of WCC brass that the shoulder is already below SAAMI specs according to my DILLON Case Guage. I haven't even run any of this thru a die yet. Is this brass good to go, or am I screwed right off the bat because of excessive headspace? I can chamber it in my BCM 16" Middy, but it wont extract.

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've done some reloading but not much .223/5.56 so I can't definitively answer your question. Let us know how it works out.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
UDATE:

The "S" on the head = "Special Application Round". The case head is .359 inch dia., whereas a std. 5.56/.223 case head is .375 (Thus, heads are TOO SMALL FOR EXTRACTION, etc.)

If any of you find these, I recommend that you do not try to reload these cases. I already contacted the supplier that I got these from, and will see what their decision is. Hopefully they will be sending me replacements. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
In total I have about 540 pieces of the WCC "S" head-stamped brass in my package of 1000 that I ordered. There was actually 1,058 pieces of brass in the box. Supplier has sent me a tracking # with replacements, and a return label for the brass that I already received, and is only asking that I return the WCC brass to him.

So far so good. Package should be here in a couple days.

Members online

No members online now.