i wanna reload help please on what i need

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Today while watching the bucs play against atl and were up 24-3 I'm sorting brass that I collect every time I'm at the range... I used to sell it when i got enough to make some money but depending on prices I wanna start reloading. Problem is I know nothing about what I need and was hoping you all could help. I know I need a book, there about 25 - 40 bucks. I need a tumbler and I just want one that gets them pretty and clean the average is about 50 to 75 bucks and that's where I ma start. Brand name suggestions please and what else do I need? I know a press but absolutely nothing about them. Like I said it will be a long project but will save me alot of cash in the end cause i can load for my buddy's and keep my stockpile of ammo at a good level which I do know. Any help would be great and i know alot of you do it so help a brother out please. One other question about loading 223s, are bullets able to get? That's it for now and thanks in advance....
Concealed 27

kwo51

Full Access Member
There has been some classes here in the gainesville area.May be a good start to research the gun stores there and gun clubs in you area.Just a thought and then there is the room for it and safety issues, no smoking.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Here is a list of the basic equipment.

Up to date manual or 2. I use the Lyman 49th and Hornady 9th
Press. I'd suggest a single stage while just starting out.
Shell holders for whatever caliber
Die set for whatever caliber
Case lubricant for rifle shells if not using Carbide Dies
Priming unit (handheld, or use the press if equipped)
Powder funnel
Loading blocks
Caliper (analog or digital)
Case trimmer
Deburring tool
Scale (digital or beam)
Tumbler and media

Get a manual, and read it. The ABC's of reloading is great book to start with, but everything you really need to know is also in the first 65 pages of the Lyman manual.

As for .223 bullets, I stick with 55gr. I''ve had good luck finding Hornady locally, and on the internet. X-Treme bullets dot com has great prices. I haven't got my first shipment from them yet, so I don't have a first hand review of them tho.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Thanks guys, its a great starting point to know what I ma need overall. I greatly appreciate the list mockstar. Now I can fiqure out in the long run how much its gonna cost. My lgs buddy does reloads and does them very well, I've never had any problems with 1 bullet and I've shot probably shot over 500 rds of his 9 mm and 40 Cal. I may ask him if i can sit with him at the shop while he does it and watch, I'm pretty close with him so he will probably let me. Will keep y'all updated and thanks again....
Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts