Hello from canada

KingSloth

Hello from canada,

I am a 16 year old canadian from the country. I like anything weapon related from knives to cross bows and everything in between. I have been a preeper since i was 12, i saw what the world was becoming and knew i needed to be prepared for the worst. And now my worries are slowely coming to life and i am here to learn and to share before my life gets flipped around and i dont get the chance to share with my worldwide preppers and weapon lovers.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Welcome to WF. Being a prepper, in a SHTF situation, do you plan on bugging out or staying put? I know it depends on what's going on and the particular situation. Unless forced from my land I'm staying in place. And if that is your plan, what preparations have you made? Solar? DC water pump? Heirloom seeds for repeat growing seasons?

16 is pretty young to be concerned about this stuff. But it's nice to know that there are young people out there with their eyes open to the possibility of things going bad and having to become self sufficient.

Like I suggested in another thread. Find some SHTF books and read them. They'll give you some ideas you may not have thought about. Yeah, they're stories are fiction but not totally impossible.

KingSloth

I have read my fair share of shtf books and forums, but i will continue to do so.

My family has a bug out location with solar power that can power two houses with 110 and 220 power.nwe have a well that gives drinkable water year around. We are redundent in our plans for we have a second location and the abilty to transport our preps. Furthermore I am well educated in many hunting snd gathering skills to ensure my group has food. All pf our members have their skills for the best possible group. We have a carpenter with all levels of education, an athletic therapist for injuries, mechanic and so on. We come from different backrounds but work together well together as a team. we do not plan to leave our country and hopefully we will never have too.
The nice thing is my family are all hunter sand we all live in canada so im not worried about a lack af food and we all are well educated in wild plants.

kwo51

Full Access Member
These writers are not shtf people they are real life gun trainers and cops with many years of road and crime scene experience. The Combat Mindset by Col Jeff Cooper - is were it all begins.

KingSloth

But im not looking for gun information, i know how to shoot. I am looking for information on things like, whats the best way find food, where are the best places to go depending on the situation. I need to learn how to live this new life, not how to shoot.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Welcome! :)

knowing to shoot is only part of survival.

You also have to be able to move properly with your rifle, use cover and concealment, read terrain and be able to work with a battle buddy etc etc.
Plus be in good physical shape.
Since you are 16 the shape part should come easy to you, the rest requires training but we will gladly give you lots of pointers :)

As for the survivalist aspects of it one of the best resources will be a handbook on edible wild plants.
Buy 2.
One to study and one to keep at tyhe BOL for reference.

Another good book is "How stuff works" which will prove helpful in fixing or building basic tools and machinery.

Last edited:

KingSloth

I am good friends with an old trapper who has taught me about the edible plants in the area but i will definitely dig out my edible wild foods book.

As for the weapons, i play alot of paintball ina woodland area with an assault rifle style marker based on the m4 design and have gotten quite fluent in my movements with the bulky rifle. I am also pretty good at camoflaging myself without camo clothing, i have also studied attacks from military since i was 9. I have always been facinated with squad movement and placement. I have even created and tested some of my own that work pretty well.

In the past two years i have been learning how to forge my own knives and tools so i should maybe look in to getting myself some books on forging or write down information from the internet in a couple notebooks.

Looking forward to hearing tips from the community. All information is welcome

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
If you don't already have it, something else to add to your arsenal is a bow, crossbow and good air rifle. You may need to hunt silently (don't want to draw attention) and an air rifle is good for smaller game. Trapping is a skill I could stand to learn as well as edible area plants. But I also plan on growing my own vegetables if things get to that point. I think this spring I will do a small garden to hone my skills. What I don't eat, I can either can or use the seeds for another season.

KingSloth

I have a couple bows from compound to recurve and i have an airgun.

I would suggest picking up a dehydrator for your veg, fruits snd pre cooked meat. You can then place the dry food in jars or in vacuum seal bag because it shrinks down to almost nothig, just be careful to eat in moderation because it will expand.
Also as an investment for the future, you should try planting apple trees. I have 6 on my property and it gives tons of apples per year, takes a while to grow them but thay are definitely worth it.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Oh and here is my absolute favorite for civilian self defense operations in apost-SHTF environment. I believe it will become a classic in years to come.

I have also taken course from the author and he is top notch:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Contact-Tactical-Manual-Collapse-Survival/dp/1478106697/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1452912104&sr=8-3&keywords=max+velocity[/ame]

Bluez

Full Access Member
I hate the canadian dollar 37$ for that book. Maybe if the dollar comes back i will look in to it.

I sincerely hope you will consider it.
It is the BEST by far.
Took many many courses by the author .

Also the entire 1st 3rd is a collection of nuanced essays on different situations that will be very valuable for those who dont have enough experience to have developed nuanced judgement in these matters.

Only then does he go into the dry nitty gritty of techniques.

I believe this to be an excellent method and recommend it not only to you but to anyone else on here.
He also has a couple of fiction books out there that are essentially novelizations of this manual and give you the opportunity to learn thse techniques via the examples he has set up in those novels.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Dawn-The-Resistance-Rises/dp/1480139688/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=15YM2EY2WR8NFMENVD6Q[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts