Heavy burden

Arckadian

Personally I have served in the military and there was death there even when I served. Seeing death first hand however, and knowing that it may have been avoided, had an individual done their job, is a harder pill to swallow. I had the misfortune today to help discover a dead man, and as it turns out, he had been left on a vehicle for over an hour before the body was found. If the person operating the vehicle at the time had done their job, maybe . . . maybe that person might have lived.

In the military they had a word for this behavior . . . it was called complacency, and in the military this condition killed people. In this case it may have done just that and I for one this its disgusting. Its not the death that weighs on me, its that it took so long for him to be found and that I had to watch the reactions of so many others when he was found. The company has already started an investigation and CSI was on site when I left, but I find that I am having a hard time with this, and it was the reactions of everyone living that made the impact.

The operator of the vehicle should have checked it over before getting off and failed to do their duty, this offends me. They should have gone from the front to back and checked every seat, but probably just looked back and said screw it, if they looked back at all. I have talked with a few people already and I cannot get past the anger of knowing that this kid, he might have been early thirties late twenties at most, died alone and unnoticed even though he was probably surrounded by people. Have we become so disconnected from our fellow man to just ignore this kind of thing???

I am sure that a news report will come out about this, as the company I work for is rather vilified by some individuals in the local community, but I make this post to remember the life that was lost. I make this post for myself and to say that I care that we have lost a someone. From what I do know, one of the last things he did was try to call for help, but he may have succumbed before getting his information out. It is a true shame that we are so indifferent to those around us that we tend to ignore our surroundings and let things like this happen.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
If he didn't post on Facebook or tweet that he was dying then nobody would notice.
Seems like everybody walks around with their face planted on their phone.

R.I.P to the deceased.

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
When walking and using a phone become a safety issue we need to put a motion detector on the phones. Walk up people life is going on around you and hillery is the next leader of this country if you don't wake UP !!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.