Headed to range tomorrow

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Heading out to indoor range range tomorrow to shoot my G19 & AR-15. Have not been shooting for a few months so I have saved some cash so I can go. I'm taking 150 Rds of Blazer Brass 9mm and 200 Rds of American Eagle 556. Will post some pics and videos when I get home. I have plans in the early afternoon to go to my friends sons Birthday party then headed to Florida Firearms Academy | Tampa Gun Store | Indoor Range
Concealed 27

Bluez

Full Access Member
Glad to hear it , How did it go? :)

You actually have a generous ammo supply to "get back in the groove".

but for long term skills maintenance I like these 2 approaches::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGBEXSBm4ZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=detvslfhDlo

As a civilian shooter you aim to get the most training effect per round (not for the most training effect per range time like the .gov, so its a different requirement and so needs a different approach training approach)

One trick has helped made me better is to stop doing pairs in updrills.

So I usually force myself to leave target, reaquire a different target, sight the weapon and re control trigger with ever single round and in so doing, maximizing training effect per round.

Some might say that pairs are the better tactical response, "train as you fight" and all that...and I concede that, but I believe the above paragraphs talking points keep one away from pairs when as a civlian you pay for your own ammo.

:)

PS: The C grip he is using in the vid is popular right now but works best only in a narrow envelope so I do not recommend it to folks who dont shoot enough volume to be able to learn an additional grip and then learn when to switch between it and other grip form. I believe the 85% solution for the civilian shooter is the use of a VFG (or AFG) and always train with that one grip to become proficient in it.

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Dry fire dry fire dry fire .cost of ammo not much. Better on your hearing ,but still just good practice.

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I forgot camera to take but everything went well. Practice mag changes with ar only put 5rds in 8 mags. Good thing I did that cause I was terrible at it at first but got better after a few trys.....
Concealed 27

Bluez

Full Access Member
YW :)

Another tip is while you may do your range training in singlets to get the most target re acquisition etc action out of each round, to create doublet training memory you just make your LAST (or last couple) mag(s) in doublets.

The mind will remember the muscle memory from the last iterations the best (but you still got your extra exercise per round for everything else)

Arckadian

I really need to get to the range and use my shotgun and rifle. I still haven't been able to use them and I have had them for many MANY months now. I really want to get back out there, but I have been focusing my attention on school... I am on track to get my first 4.0 and get on the Presidents Honor roll. IF I can do that it will be the first time I have managed it and I will be quite happy to go out to the range and blow some shit up.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Competition season has begun for me. This week I will hit the range three times. Shot two matches last weekend with mixed results. My advice for your range time, plan your skills training before you go. Run through those drills dry fire at home before going to the range. When you get to the range practice those drills. It will save you a lot on ammo and your training will be much better. End each session with an accuracy drill. For pistol I like to use an 8" steel plate at 25 yards. It forces you back to your basic fundamentals of grip, trigger press, and sight alignment.

Members online

No members online now.