need (want) a new handguard.
1. What do you have
2. Do you like it
3. Would you recommend I buy it
4. Gotta pic to share

:ehcapt:

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I have a yhm black diamond on one of mine and love it. Price wasn't bad through my hookup either. If photobucket would coooerate I'd post a pic for you

KKing

Full Access Member
I've got the Midwest Ind. SS free float that'll go on my pistol. Granted, it's not installed, but I really love being able to customize the rails just about any way you like, and it's smooth in places you don't want rails. I'm not a big fan of having to run rail covers on rails I don't need to begin with
ytyreny8.jpg

I think I'm about to start on a 16" rifle and I'll probably run the same rail in their extended rifle length.

tacticold

Full Access Member
Looking at a couple:

Troy Battle Rail, 7", drop in...comes in FDE which would go along with the rest of my furniture:

image.php

More likely getting the Troy Battle Rail Charlie-CX, a 12" drop-in free-float with carbine cutout. Requires no smithing to install, and it looks pretty badass to me:

TRYSRAI-CHR-CXBT-00lg.jpg

SWSS

Full Access Member
More likely getting the Troy Battle Rail Charlie-CX, a 12" drop-in free-float with carbine cutout. Requires no smithing to install, and it looks pretty badass to me:

TRYSRAI-CHR-CXBT-00lg.jpg

:cheers: yes sir, I am liking that one!

SWSS

Full Access Member
question, what is the difference in a carbine and a midlength? length only?

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
By looking at the pic I think the carbine has a slot cut out for the front sight post. I really don't know though

tacticold

Full Access Member
Carbine is a shorter gas tube than a middy. From what I understand, though I've never noticed this personally, the main difference between the two has to do with pressure in the bolt and running fast. For day to day plinking, either is fine. If you're running full-auto, I think carbine is preferred because it has more pressure which makes the bolt work faster. Mid-length is supposed to cut down on recoil a bit and not be as hard on the bolt. I think. This is all just how it's been explained to me.

But yes, in short, the Carbine is typically a shorter handguard and because it's mil-spec they often have the mounted front site. I like that rail because it goes around the site and still allows full-length rails.

Members online

No members online now.