Hand guns of the past and present

Arckadian

Once a week I will post a new handgun from a list I have and I will add a little information about said weapon. The goal is for people to discuss the weapons posted and bring a little history about the weapon up for fun :D....

This weeks weapon is......

Drum roll......

The Colt Bisley Flat-Top Revolver.
In 1890, a major competitive shooting range was established in England at Bisley in Surrey. The range opened with a widely publicized competition, and Bisley quickly became a byword for national and international shooting. So prestigious was the Bisley Revolver Competition, that Colt designed a weapon specially for it. The Colt Bisley appeared in 1894 and continued in production until 1915, during which time 44,350 were manufactured. It was produced in three barrel lengths, 4.75, 5.5, and 7.5 inch, as well as 16 different calibers.

Type: Single action competition revolver.
Origin: Colt Patent Firearms Manufacturing Company, Hartford, CT
Caliber: See Text
Barrel Length: See Text

Attachments

• Colt_Bisley_38-40.jpg
    Colt_Bisley_38-40.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
Once a week I will post a new handgun from a list I have and I will add a little information about said weapon. The goal is for people to discuss the weapons posted and bring a little history about the weapon up for fun :D....

This weeks weapon is......

Drum roll......

The Colt Bisley Flat-Top Revolver.
In 1890, a major competitive shooting range was established in England at Bisley in Surrey. The range opened with a widely publicized competition, and Bisley quickly became a byword for national and international shooting. So prestigious was the Bisley Revolver Competition, that Colt designed a weapon specially for it. The Colt Bisley appeared in 1894 and continued in production until 1915, during which time 44,350 were manufactured. It was produced in three barrel lengths, 4.75, 5.5, and 7.5 inch, as well as 16 different calibers.

Type: Single action competition revolver.
Origin: Colt Patent Firearms Manufacturing Company, Hartford, CT
Caliber: See Text
Barrel Length: See Text

Interesting thread idea . I like it ! One recommendation ... How about adding some pics of the guns you choose :High 5:

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
They are interesting guns with many configurations ... The prices are crazy ,, One of them on the link above selling for 12K

Arckadian

This weeks Weapon is.........

The Warner Infallible.

The Warner Arms Corporation was set up in 1912, primarily to market weapons made for them by other companies in the US and abroad. Warner bought the rights for a pistol designed by Andrew Fyrberg, which was later manufactured and marketed under the Davis-Warner name as "The Infallible," picture added as an attachment. This proved to be a complete misnomer, as it proved to be a particularly fault-prone, sometimes dangerously so. In addition, it had a crude looking cast-iron frame and was not comfortable to hold. Unsurprizingly, it did not sell well....

Wonder why that might have been..... :suicide: :Frustrated:

Type: Semi-Automatic Pistol
Origin: Warner Arms Corp, Brooklyn, New York, and Norwich, Connecticut
Caliber: .32ACP
Barrel Length: 3.25 in

Attachments

• WarnerIffyble.jpg
    WarnerIffyble.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 6
  • WARNERINFALLIBLEd.jpg
    WARNERINFALLIBLEd.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 3