got my new safe

ninja man

Full Access Member
this thing is a bit big to say the least. its 6ft tall 4ft wide and 32" deep. weighs almost 1,000lbs. i definitely got larger than i needed. but i learned that from my last safe i bought back in september. i figured i should get a safe for what i needed....... ended up running out of space in 3 weeks. now here i am with a safe that is 4 times the size.

pros.

the safe is good for the money. its 30 minute fire rated at 1400 degrees f. and has lighting and power and media hookups inside. meaning there are usb, cat6, and 1 power outlet. the lights are in the door and come on when the handle is turned. just looking at this thing would probably deter just about every thief. it has what the call an emp lock. a combination dial and an electronic keypad. so you are never locked out of the safe. even if there were to be an emp blast. and you cant beat free shipping on a 1,000 lb item

cons

the lighting is very weak. i just added led strips all the way around and now it is bright as hell inside on every shelf. only 1 power outlet, and the power cable they provide is rated at 15 amps. for a safe that is advertising with pictures of a computer connected inside, 15 amps of current is not going to cut it. the finish is terrible. the material is not tucked in all the edges and it was very dirty when i received it. the door only opens 90 degrees. not a big issue since it is so damn big there is plenty of room to move. the dial and electronic lock are a bit difficult to work. it takes some getting used to, to figure out how to gain access quickly.
overall

this is on the cheaper side of the 80gun safes i was looking at. it fit my budget and i had read a lot of good reviews about it. the reviews do not reflect on my purchase though. mine shipped late and has some touching up that i need to do. the features in this safe is what drove me to purchase it. would i buy this safe again? yes i would. the reason being, is that there really isnt a something else in this price range that could compare with everything that comes in this one. i will be in contact with cannon to see about getting some material so i can touch up the areas that need attention. i would rate this safe a 3.5 out of 5. this being mainly due to the fit and finish of this safe. had the inside been a bit nicer, and not so dirty, it would have had a 4.5. all in all, im happy wih it. wifes pissed though. i didnt tell her i was gettig a new safe. it showed up on my day off so i signed for it and then had to go to work (even on my day off) i get a call a couple hours later withher bitching st me for buying such a monster....... oops. now i gotta take her to reno for some gambling. here is the link where i bought it. another note. home depot timing is horrible. i purchased this thing on oct 3rd it finally showed up a few days ago. they promised me by nov 18. over one monh past tha time and it finally shows up.

Cannon Armory Series A64 80-Gun 72 in. H x 48 in. W x 32 in. D Hammertone Black Electronic Lock Fire Safe with Chrome Finish-A64-H1FDC-13 at The Home Depot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 13

ninja man

Full Access Member
here is a pic with the led lights i just installed. i put my remington 700 .270 and my remington 870 12ga in there just for a size reference

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 16

ninja man

Full Access Member
its in my garage. its too wide to fit in my house. there is enough room to stand inside it without bending down. i used a power converter to convert 120 in 12v with a magnetic switch. i had to wire the switch so i was standing inside with my meter....... with the door mostly closed. talk about a scary thought. door closes and locks and you are stuck inside. as far as the lights go, i ran a strip around all the edges. the original lights were a good idea, but nowhere near bright enough.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Seems like there should be an emergency release inside. I remember many kids losing their lives inside old refrigerators. A friend bought a large safe that came in pieces and was built in place.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Nice upgrade from the small safe. That's unfortunate about it being dirty on the inside. Is that what the brown streak appears to be in the center of the safe?

ninja man

Full Access Member
its still on the pallet. trying to get 4 of my neighbors together in my garage at the same time is proving to be quite the task. once its off the pallet, i can empty the other safe.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I hope your neighbors are all 600 lb. gorillas.

Hint: To move it around, remember the Egyptians and how they built the pyramids.

pyramid.jpg

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
are you able to remove the door from the hinges? That's what I did, and it was a hell of a lot lighter to move around.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Mine was 700lbs and one guy with the proper tools moved it . Heavy duty dolly and a stand up tool.

Members online

No members online now.