Glock Gen 2 or Gen 3

TScottW99

Full Access Member
They are both great guns. Recoil springs are very cheap and I have not had a problem with my Gen 3 Glock 22. I am the armorer for my department and we have only had to replace one recoil spring out of the 10 pistols. I prefer the feel of the Gen 3 but if I was buying new would go for the Gen 4 for the back strap alone.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Anybody have any experience with both? I heard some problems with the Gen 3, recoil spring?

The only differance is the 2nd Gen has no finger grooves and the 3rd does... the polymer guide rods can be troublesome. they had a problem with the recoil springs on the 4th Gen .....I am a Glock aholic. Feel free to pm me with any questions concerning Glocks. My suggestion is get a stainless steel guide rod, they for around $40 .....G27

Last edited:

Mike Hammer

What about Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks.

I heard or read about the 4 gen having recoil problems. What happening? Did Glock address this. Whats every body doing about?

Where for the recoil springs? Lone wolf?

fyredawg

G22 Gen III bought off my good friend which was his duty carry. He never had an issue nor have I.

As for the gen4 spring issue I don't think it was as widespread as one may think. Glock took ownership and replaced the springs in a recall correct. A bnib should have no issue.

Members online

No members online now.