Glock 19 KCI 15rd Mags $12.95

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I got 2 of these for Glock 17 when they had them in stock the first time. They seem to be fairly good mags. I did ask around first and found most people to say they are just like Glock mags, and work well but only consider them Range Mags and not Self Defense Daily Carry mags. I did also watch a video on You Tube that says they are good, and if you have a problem with them, take them apart and finish them with an exacto knife then they work well. Apparently they sometimes have plastic sprue hanging off that was not trimmed off the mold. Cut that off, then they're great. I figured I'd get a couple for when I get a 9mm conversion barrel, but haven't done so yet. So I haven't got to try mine out yet, but they appear to be just like Glock mags without the Glock logo. I'd never suggest them to anyone if it wasn't for this ban and I know noone can find mags.

Also, no tax and no shipping. 2 mags for less than $25.

KCI Glock Magazines

botach_2248_1282314264

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I have seen these KCI's don't Drop Free very well, but they do feed well.

If you can tolerate this guy, he does give good info.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h5K03dRzpQ]Glock vs KCI Magazines - YouTube[/ame]

Here how to fix them if you have problems.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoJVSCD3kHE]KCI Glock Magazine Review, Troubleshooting Tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I got 2 of these for Glock 17 when they had them in stock the first time. They seem to be fairly good mags. I did ask around first and found most people to say they are just like Glock mags, and work well but only consider them Range Mags and not Self Defense Daily Carry mags. I did also watch a video on You Tube that says they are good, and if you have a problem with them, take them apart and finish them with an exacto knife then they work well. Apparently they sometimes have plastic sprue hanging off that was not trimmed off the mold. Cut that off, then they're great. I figured I'd get a couple for when I get a 9mm conversion barrel, but haven't done so yet. So I haven't got to try mine out yet, but they appear to be just like Glock mags without the Glock logo. I'd never suggest them to anyone if it wasn't for this ban and I know noone can find mags.

Also, no tax and no shipping. 2 mags for less than $25.

KCI Glock Magazines

botach_2248_1282314264

Not bad, they are not drop free that's really bad for mag change. But for the rande OK.....

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I only say they're not drop free cuz I've seen a couple comments in the reviews. Those reviews are also old and maybe KCI has fixed them. But, I've put them in my G23 and they fly out of it without any ammo in them just as well as my Glock G23 mags do just by hitting the mag release. Feels about the same to me. I wish I had my 9mm barrel or knew someone with a G17 or 19 to try them out.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I only say they're not drop free cuz I've seen a couple comments in the reviews. Those reviews are also old and maybe KCI has fixed them. But, I've put them in my G23 and they fly out of it without any ammo in them just as well as my Glock G23 mags do just by hitting the mag release. Feels about the same to me. I wish I had my 9mm barrel or knew someone with a G17 or 19 to try them out.
Ordered yet??

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I already ordered and got mine. I have 2 of these KCI 17rd Glock 17 mags. These are the ones I'm saying seem to drop free just fine out of my Glock 23.

when ya planning on taking to range, Im gonna get the 40/9 on the G23 also since I like the 40/9 in my G27 you are all set right should be out taking hits at least once to fire with new barrel and mags you got for it..:winner_first_h4h:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
when ya planning on taking to range, Im gonna get the 40/9 on the G23 also since I like the 40/9 in my G27 you are all set right should be out taking hits at least once to fire with new barrel and mags you got for it..:winner_first_h4h:

I don't have a 40/9 Conversion barrel yet. May not for some time. I just bought these 2 KCI and a OE Glock 9mm mag for when I do get the barrel. No hurry to get the barrel, I just wanted the mags before any ban that might happen. I'd like to get another Full Frame Glock and one of those S&W SD40VE or SD9VE guns very soon in case of any ban. So barrels are down the list. Priority is acquiring more guns as funds permit before I buy conversion barrels. I also want a .357Sig barrel. My SIL is supposed to be getting his Glock 19 Gen 2 from an inheritance soon. It's his gun already, but another family member has it out of state. When he gets that, I intend on testing the mags. My boss also has a Glock 19. Maybe I can talk him into going to the range and using these 2 KCI mags to see how they work.

Those videos above are older. I just wonder if these KCI's may have gotten better, cuz honestly, they look great, and as said, they do drop free just fine. I did see one video where the guys say they are great, but these are guys who run a gun store, so what better way to sell mags by saying they're great. However, I can't see any gun store stocking what don't work.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I don't have a 40/9 Conversion barrel yet. May not for some time. I just bought these 2 KCI and a OE Glock 9mm mag for when I do get the barrel. No hurry to get the barrel, I just wanted the mags before any ban that might happen. I'd like to get another Full Frame Glock and one of those S&W SD40VE or SD9VE guns very soon in case of any ban. So barrels are down the list. Priority is acquiring more guns as funds permit before I buy conversion barrels. I also want a .357Sig barrel. My SIL is supposed to be getting his Glock 19 Gen 2 from an inheritance soon. It's his gun already, but another family member has it out of state. When he gets that, I intend on testing the mags. My boss also has a Glock 19. Maybe I can talk him into going to the range and using these 2 KCI mags to see how they work.

Those videos above are older. I just wonder if these KCI's may have gotten better, cuz honestly, they look great, and as said, they do drop free just fine. I did see one video where the guys say they are great, but these are guys who run a gun store, so what better way to sell mags by saying they're great. However, I can't see any gun store stocking what don't work.

The ones I had were old and had to pull them out empty to change mags,yours look diffrent than mine did, much higher quality..JHHO Concealed 27

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I was even expecting to have to cut some over molding off on these, and I just can't seem to find any. I've also heard you might have to adjust the metal liner in them too, but these seem to be equal and match the Glock mag height on the metal liner. That might be why they drop free and the older ones don't. I know the older ones also said KCI on the bottom of them, these do not have any print or logo at all on them. I just wish I could hurry up and try them cuz they do look good, but I sure don't want to give a good review and someone goes out and buys them and then they are junk.

I normally WILL NOT suggest something unless I can vouch for it myself, but being I'm seeing all this mag price gouging, I figured I'd bring it up as an alternative to getting ripped off and hope they work as good as I am expecting them to work.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
the one next to leo mag is same as yours 2-3 years ago. I replaced mag insert witth glock ones. hey fit they ran no problem just had to pullem out, But they have greatly improved it by looks anyway.....

Attachments

• post ban.jpg
    post ban.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.