Georgia lawmakers pass controversial ‘guns everywhere’ bill

ViperJeff

Administrator
The Georgia House passed a sweeping gun bill late Thursday night that allows firearms in bars, nightclubs, school classrooms and certain government buildings that lack security personnel or devices.

Lawmakers moved the bill through the House during the last hour of the night on Thursday, meeting their midnight deadline before the end of the current legislative session. If signed by the state’s governor, the law will give religious leaders the option to “opt-in” to allow guns on their worship premises, where violators cannot be arrested or fined more than $100 each. Additionally, it could grant citizens the right to carry firearms in bars, nightclubs, libraries, sports facilities, senior citizen and youth centers, and on K-12 premises by authorized administrators and teachers.

The law would also allow permit-holders to carry guns into Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoints in airports with no penalty, which is a reduction from the maximum felony punishment currently in place. Individuals who claim ownership of a permit would be allowed to leave the security area without consequence, and officials could not detain them or ask to see firearms documentation.

Read More:
Georgia lawmakers pass controversial 'guns everywhere' bill | MSNBC

kwo51

Full Access Member
The fed will not pass on that ,TSA will still screw with us who carry in the airport Good job Georgia.

Arckadian

I can see what Georgia is trying to do and I applaud the effort. We shall see what happens I am sure.

cce1302

Full Access Member
That's idiotic (the article and the opposition to the law).

There are already many states that allow carry in churches, schools, colleges, bars, gov't buildings, airports, etc.

Don't they get tired of whipping themselves into an antigun frenzy every time someone suggests a little more liberty?

oppo

Full Access Member
Airports and post offices will get you in trouble.

Post offices are federal, so yes, always off limits but it is only the secured areas of airports that are off limits unless your state law says otherwise.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
It's fun to go to front of line and declare your weapon when traveling, I get some good looks from travelers...lol
Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.