First woman to medal in 6 Olympic games, ignored by media

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
Well, the lamestreamers, anyways.

FIRST WOMAN to Medal in SIX Olympics Ignored By Media Because She is Pro-Second Amendment

So this happened.
A US shooter Kim Rhode became the first woman to medal in Olympics today.
But it didn’t make many headlines.
She’s pro Second Amendment.

So @RyanSeacrest @DanPatrick are you planning a montage with Costas for @KimRhode, or nah? pic.twitter.com/KrNpfcyQmO
— Trent (@tmarsh83) August 13, 2016
Skeet Star @KimRhode has been an idol for young shooters, now a sensation for all Olympic dreamers! #ShootLikeAGirl pic.twitter.com/UxfLi5Yyl3
— USA Shooting (@USAShooting) August 13, 2016
NBC wrote about the historic accomplishment – then bashed her.
Kim Rhode couldn’t lift her infant son, Carter, three years ago.
On Friday, the shooter carried curly-haired Carter while doing TV interviews after she became the first person to win Olympic medals on five continents with a bronze in the skeet.
Rhode set all sorts of Olympic longevity benchmarks.
Rhode is the first athlete to win an individual medal at six straight Summer Olympics. Italian luger Armin Zoeggeler has done so in the Winter Games.
Many would argue that a shooter doing this is far less impressive than, say, a gymnast or a swimmer.
The act of shooting requires fewer physical attributes, extending Olympic lifespans (the oldest Olympic medalist of all time is a shooter; Sweden’s Oscar Swahn collected six medals, all in his 60s and 70s a century ago, and Rhode has done her homework on him).

ONLY NGBC (the National Gun Banning Channel
rolleyes.gif
) could host the Olympics, and LOSE viewership, thanks to their innane coverage & commentary!

Arckadian

I don't watch the news because there is really no point. . . Go and get the real information yourself and not what they want you to know.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I'm not familiar with her either. Is there no shooting equipment/gun manufacturer that would want to have her representing them? Spokesperson for the NRA? What brand shotgun does she use? Wouldn't they want her to represent them? I looked on her Facebook page and the only thing gun related was a Winchester contest. She should be flooded with offers from the shooting community.

She should be as popular as that Phelps guy. Swimming to me is just as boring as shooting is to other people.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.