Favorite Handgun?

Mr.Downtown

Full Access Member
I will throw my hat in, but I tend to hunt with my pistols so mine is not a carry gun. Dan Wesson .357 Maximum. Tuff on deer. :)

Attachments

• IMAG0101-2.jpg
    IMAG0101-2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 19

Blake

ygu8udun.jpg
As far as fun to shoot my S&W governor is my favorite to go shoot.

ny screw

where i work we are only allowed to choose from a selection of 4 for off duty guns, i chose the glock 26 mostly because of its size. As time has passed i dont even remember the things on me half the time, an it requires very little upkeep .....shoots true every time.....all in all light weight/small,little upkeep, an shoots straight not much else i could ask for in a off duty/backup gun.

My service weapon is a smith an Wesson 5946 love that just as much just dont carry it off duty due to weight an size

cce1302

Full Access Member
Favorite: S&W 627-0 Model of 1989

...and old ladies freaking out over openly carried revolvers is a myth :)

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Back when I was a kid I always thought the Colt Python .357 was a cool gun. Back then they were about $300-$500 depending on configuration. I just did a search to see what they are going for now.
:insane: Over $2K. :insane: Doesn't look like one of those is in my future.
4671.jpg

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I like shooting my Ruger P94DC alot, but all things considered, of all of mine the Gen 3 Glock 23 would have to be the all around favorite for ease of carry, dependability, durability and ease of cleaning.

I used to carry my GP141 too, but I agree, to much gun for a daily carry. Love it but I like to forget I have it and just know it's there. With the GP100, you know it's there and if you were loose fitting pants to help hide it, the weight of it will have your pants down around your ass then you like one of the hoods carrying and likely to get shot.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Back when I was a kid I always thought the Colt Python .357 was a cool gun. Back then they were about $300-$500 depending on configuration. I just did a search to see what they are going for now.
:insane: Over $2K. :insane: Doesn't look like one of those is in my future.
4671.jpg

Wow that's pretty, I see one in my future.

JuggNuttz

i love all my guns, but id say my Beretta PX4 is my favorite. it just fits my hand like it was made for it, and makes me a better shooter than i actually am. for pure smile on the face fun gun, easy the Taurus Judge. just something about the .45lc and 410ga blasting in your hand thats just so much primal fun!

SWSS

Full Access Member
1950 K38 (pre-14) Target Masterpiece given to me by my Grandfather
my 21C is next, just cause...

TScottW99

Full Access Member
Browning Hi-Power. I absolutely love them. However quite a few years ago I was in a hard spot and sold mine. Hope to replace it one day.

otasan

Full Access Member
My favorite handgun

Is on my hip every day and with me in bed every night - the Glock 17 pistol. Lightweight, accurate. and powerful.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I just responded with this in another thread, but I figured I'd essplain other reasons my G23 is my favorite.

I like my Glock 23 (Mid Frame .40S&W) Light and easy to conceal with 13 rounds in the mag + 1 chambered as it is when you buy it.

I can also use an XGrip spacer over a Glock22 mag to extend the grip AND increase capacity to 15rds + 1 in the chamber.

I can also then purchase a .357Sig Barrel for about $120, using my same G23 and G22 mags and carry either 13+1 or 15+1 rounds of .357sig in the Same Glock 23.

I can also purchase a 9mm Convesion Barrel for about $120, buy Glock 17 Mag for $25 and use the XGrip adapter to extend the grip for 17+1 rounds of 9mm, or a G19 Magazine and carry 15+1 rounds of 9mm also in the same Glock 23.

So I guess you could say I am a bit prejudice for the Glock 23 or Glock 32 since their mags are backwards compatible. For another $240 in barrels you actually have 3 guns in one, and if considered mag capacity, 6 different configurations all in 1 package. I do lean toward the G23 though sicne .40 ammo is cheaper and much more common. You can always get the barrel and shoot the .357Sig at a later date when funds permit the purchase of the barrel(s) But of course, that's JMO and suggestion to most when asked what they should get.

Members online

No members online now.