Favorite Carry Position

ninja man

Full Access Member
if walking over tuff tarin 7,6,5 other wise 11,12,1 all theis are for long guns hunting. I like the saying I would rather acadently shoot my self in the foot. but for hunting bird's up is better ground animals gun is down.
this ought to bring in some "wtf's"

oppo

Full Access Member
How do those of you that carry in the 3 to 4 o'clock position prevent the butt of the gun from protruding while sitting? I can't seem to figure it out... It looks fine standing but if I bend over or sit down it looks like I have a 3rd leg coming out the back of my hip.

Canting the gun forward helps. It also makes drawing while seated easier.

SWSS

Full Access Member
How do those of you that carry in the 3 to 4 o'clock position prevent the butt of the gun from protruding while sitting? I can't seem to figure it out... It looks fine standing but if I bend over or sit down it looks like I have a 3rd leg coming out the back of my hip.

Haha, its called butt-leggin...

SWSS from somewhere....

Humvee21

Full Access Member
Canting the gun forward helps. It also makes drawing while seated easier.

I have it canted all the way. It's an IWB and if I could cant it anymore the barrel of my Beretta would be ripping out of my butt pockets

otasan

Full Access Member
I have it canted all the way. It's an IWB and if I could cant it anymore the barrel of my Beretta would be ripping out of my butt pockets

I take it that your holster doesn't cover your Beretta barrel.

Last edited:

Humvee21

Full Access Member
I take it that hour holster doesn't cover your Beretta barrel.

It does actually. It's a Remora no clip holster. I also have a IWB holster that is Beretta officially licensed and that one does not cover the barrel. I have stopped using that one ever since I got the Remora.

I have learned to deal with the hip-3rd-leg as I am not willing to consider a smaller gun!

oppo

Full Access Member
I agree. A smaller pistol would nice to carry but if I ever need it, I would much rather have a full size on me.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Glock 30 .45, appendix. Sometimes if I'm feelin' frisky I'll throw on the XD40sc in place of the G30.

2013-03-06_18-53-32_455.jpg

cce1302

Full Access Member
anyone use an ankle holster? I've been thinking about getting one. I rarely ever wear shorts, and I think for me in most cases it would just be easier to conceal down there.

I have occasionally, just to try it out.

My wife has an ankle holster that fits either her LCR or Tomcat. Last Friday I put it on with the Tomcat because I wasn't planning on carrying my XD40 that evening. After about 5 minutes, I went ahead and put on the XD also because I just feel naked when i don't have a gun IWB. I ended up wearing both pistols all day (7:30 am to 10:00 pm) and didn't have a problem. The Tomcat didn't bother me at all, even though it's somewhat heavy for a pocket pistol.

You just have to wear pants that have enough room in the lower leg. Skinny jeans are for girls anyway.

SWSS

Full Access Member
With her like a pair of sunglasses. As for my hawgleg, depends on what i am wearin...

SWSS from somewhere....

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
You have a selection of carry handguns? I have only one.

Otasan

Absolutely! Depends on my mood. Am I in a 9mm kind of mood or a .40S&W? Sometimes I feel like a .45 and other times I just throw the .32 in my pocket.

I equate it to women and their shoes. Gotta have something for every occasion. At least that's how I explained it to my wife so that she would understand. I got no argument.

oppo

Full Access Member
It also makes sense depending on what you are wearing. If your clothing that day allows you to carry a larger, more powerful, easier to shoot firearm with greater ammo capacity, why wouldn't you?

cce1302

Full Access Member
Absolutely! Depends on my mood. Am I in a 9mm kind of mood or a .40S&W? Sometimes I feel like a .45 and other times I just throw the .32 in my pocket.

I equate it to women and their shoes. Gotta have something for every occasion. At least that's how I explained it to my wife so that she would understand. I got no argument.

I did that too.

Now she has several carry guns, too!

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
G27

Favorite concealed carry position and carry weapon is my G27 and 5:15-5:30. It disappers in any shirt and even under a tight shirts. It prints but you dont know what it is.....

Attachments

• DSC00137.jpg
    DSC00137.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Favorite concealed carry position and carry weapon is my G27 and 5:15-5:30. It disappers in any shirt and even under a tight shirts. It prints but you dont know what it is.....

How do you drive with a gun in that position? I tried carrying a magazine on my backside like that but it was too uncomfortable.

Members online

No members online now.