Excitement in town yesterday-Armed man put schools into LockDown

shooter

So we had quite the day yesterday afternoon. Sitting at my home office desk and the home phone rings. It was the school district calling to inform us the local PD had notified them that a man was seen carrying what looked like a rifle and that two schools were placed into Lockdown and PD officers where onsite. My son, 6.5 yo, doesn't go to either of those schools, but another in district. I guess the guy ended up holed up in his house and eventually was taken into custody.

Lake Villa school lockdowns lifted; suspect in custody | WGN-TV

I gotta tell you, what a feeling of helplessness. I wanted to grab my AR and run there and protect my kid, but I know that wouldn't end well. I tried to monitor the local police frequencies (I'm a HAM-K9HNK) but they use digital radios and I don't have one of those (yet).

And this comes not hours after I posted the link below, asking people who don't think we need guns in our schools why we protect our money, our politicians and our used cars better than we do our children.

Remembering “the Sandy Hook that never was’ because of a concealed carrier

Everything worked out well in the end. And I thank you for the kind words that are sure to come. Some real stand up guys here.

Todd

Members online

No members online now.