ear protection

fuzz

has anyone tried the Etymotic GSP-15 ear plugs. Thinking about getting a set. would like to use them wing shooting. would like to know how others find them? my ears are worn out so i need the audio boost to help me hear plus the gun blast suppression so as not to cause further damage.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I use foam plugs in the ear and muffs over them. Cannot be too careful when it comes to hearing. I use the same setup just blowing leaves with my gas powered blower. I use a cordless impact gun almost daily. Foam plugs do good for that. I use the EAR soft cone shaped plugs. Attenuation—NRR 33dB (noise reduction). The higher the number the better. 33 is about as high as you can go without doubling protection like I do with the plugs and muffs.

Last edited:

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
Heck I'm already deaf from shooting as a kid and setting off big bang fire crackers .. But I do use an old stereo headphones that I cut the wires off of ,,, Fits nice and it works great .

fuzz

I'm deaf myself. Probably for the same reason. I have hearings aids now. Can't stand them but I can't hear a damn thing without them. That's why I wanted to try these ear plugs. They amplify 5x but block out gun fire. Figured I'd try and find out if anybody used them and if they were worth the money.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
has anyone tried the Etymotic GSP-15 ear plugs. Thinking about getting a set. would like to use them wing shooting. would like to know how others find them? my ears are worn out so i need the audio boost to help me hear plus the gun blast suppression so as not to cause further damage.

I was going to order them awhile back but I found out that the ranges will make you wear muffs over them..Kinda defeats the purpose In my eyes.. Range is responsable for hearing safety. So I wear cheap cores with muffs over them..I shoot mostly indoors, very few outdoor in Tampa were a civilian can shoot. LEOS only....

priell3

Full Access Member
I use these.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Pyramex-PM5010-Folding-Ear-Muffs/dp/B000XN0798/ref=cm_cr-mr-title[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.