Colorado movie shooter appeals decision

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Aurora Case on Hold While James Holmes Appeals Sanity Hearing

Colorado movie-massacre shooter James Holmes is appealing a judge's order for a second sanity evaluation, bogging down the timetable for a trial that was to start two months ago.

The court put the new psychiatric exam on hold pending the appeal and also postponed two hearings scheduled for next month on issues surrounding jury selection.

The trial, originally slated for February, is scheduled to begin Oct. 14, but it's not clear if the fight over the exam and other outstanding motions could cause further delays.

Holmes has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to capital murder charges in the July 2012 shooting during a midnight screening of a Batman sequel that left 12 people dead and more than 70 wounded or injured.

The graduate school dropout had a sanity evaluation last year, but Arapahoe County District Judge Carlos Samour Jr. said it was inadequate and ordered a second round over the defense's objections.

Holmes' legal team said in court papers made public Wednesday that it plans to file an appeal within 30 days.

The defense is also seeking a change of venue, arguing that Holmes cannot get a fair trial in the Denver suburbs.

This guy has more rights and special treatments than those victims he gunned down in 2012..not to mention the tax payers dollars he's been racking up. Enough with this bs..give him a trial now and execute this pos right afterwards.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Defense lawyers get paid by the hour too.
Frankly, I don't give a crap if he is crazy or not. There is no doubt that he is guilty of the murders.
He has proven himself to be a danger to society, we will never be able to let him walk free.

Hang him.

TheOl55

Full Access Member
Because unfortunately there was not one person with a Concealed Carry Permit in the audience that night. That is why he is still alive. Just one permit and it would have ended with a MUCH lower body count because I know that as soon as that first round came back at him and if it had hit him or not he would have dropped his gun and looked for his way out.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Here's the problem, if he can finagle his way to a State Mental Institution, There is the possibility he will never face trial and could be free in a few years. Believe me, he will ride this horse to a get out of jail free card

oppo

Full Access Member
Because unfortunately there was not one person with a Concealed Carry Permit in the audience that night. That is why he is still alive. Just one permit and it would have ended with a MUCH lower body count because I know that as soon as that first round came back at him and if it had hit him or not he would have dropped his gun and looked for his way out.

Some nutjob tried to shoot up a theater in San Antonio, TX 3 days later but it got little to no media coverage because a woman with a concealed handgun put 4 rounds into his chest.

TheOl55

Full Access Member
Some nutjob tried to shoot up a theater in San Antonio, TX 3 days later but it got little to no media coverage because a woman with a concealed handgun put 4 rounds into his chest.

Should happen MUCH more often....

Jo6pak

Full Access Member

I need a link to that story, please

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I guess I was off on the time. I wasn't positive which shooting it was after.

I didn't even pay attention to that. But after re-reading it, yeah, it was after the Newtown shootings. Not the theater shootings. But still a story that for the most part went unreported.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
CENTENNIAL, Colo. — The defense in the Colorado theater shooting trial rested its case Friday after trying to show James Holmes was legally insane when he carried out the deadly 2012 attack, suffering from delusions that each person he killed would increase his self-worth.

Holmes' public defenders presented two weeks of testimony that featured a pair of psychiatrists who examined the gunman and found he was insane.

Earlier in the trial, two court-appointed doctors testified for the prosecution that they concluded Holmes knew the difference between right and wrong at the time of the killings and therefore was sane under Colorado law.

Wished somebody at that movie theater had a CW and shot that piece of crap dead.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I still don't care if he was/is "legally insane." Anyone who walks into anywhere and just starts shooting people is obviously not right in the head.

I still can't figure out why this POS is still breathing.

TheOl55

Full Access Member
Because he carefully choose a theater that was gun free so that there would not be anyone in the audience with a CCP to shoot miserable ass. Sounds like a sane person to me.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Because he carefully choose a theater that was gun free so that there would not be anyone in the audience with a CCP to shoot miserable ass. Sounds like a sane person to me.

Cold and calculating. It was planned out. He knew what he was doing.

doublestack

I say put the effer in a glass box w/ a port-a-potty on top and let any one who wants to take a shit/piss and slowly fill that box up.:plugged: Might make others think twice about committing murder or acts of terrorism. Fuck the liberals.....time to get medieval on all these worthless douche-bags.

Members online

No members online now.