Chris Kyle, US Military's Most Lethal Sniper Shot Dead

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Rest in Peace Chris Kyle, A true American Hero !!!

chris-kyle-sniper.jpg

I was shocked to hear this news last night. I first knew of Chris Kyle when he was on the Discovery TV Show, Sons of Guns at Red Jacket Firearms. He was a US Navy Seal on Team 3. Military service from 1999-2009 and did 4 tours or service in Iraq. Here's a little info I've gathered form different sources on the internet with what I already did know of the guy from watching him on a few Talk Shows and a couple reality shows.

He was a sniper with over 160 confirmed kills of insurgents, and 255 claimed kills. Sometimes they were not able to be confirmed due to the distance. His longest successful kill shot of 2100 yards (1.2 miles) with a Lapua Magnum PGM .338 according to his book.

His awards include Silver Stars and Bronze Stars which I was aware of, but he's also received a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal and Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals.

What impressed the me most about Chris was that he started a foundation for Veterans coming home needing rehab and suffering from PTSD. This is why Red Jacket Firearms had him on their show, was to bring awareness and raise money for his foundation. Apparently the 25yo Marine that killed Chris and his neighbor, was also suffering from PTSD and it's said Chris was probably spending time with the guy in an effort to help with his PTSD and adjusting back to civilian life. Details are still sketchy about that.

Chris was also at this years Shot Show 2013 in Las Vegas 2 weeks ago promoting his book and his foundation for Veterans. Here is a video of Chris's comments to Guns.com about the recent Gun Control debate and his opinion.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llLVMUlDpaE]Chris Kyle on gun violence, gun control, veteran life and SHOT Show 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

America lost a true good guy. Here is his book for $10 at Amazon, Barnes and Noble had the Hard Cover for $16. I"ll be buying one just to help support his wife, 2 kids and hopefully his foundation for returning Vets. I"m sure they'll still get royalties off his book sales. So how about everyone else buy his book if you haven't already.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/American-Sniper-Autobiography-Military-History/dp/0062238868/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359890112&sr=1-1&keywords=american+sniper]American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History: Chris Kyle, Scott McEwen, Jim DeFelice: 9780062238863: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

9780062082350_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Its a sad day for the Kyle family... I have so much respect for our special forces..I feel like taps to should be playing in the background as a write. God bless Kyles family and may our lord look after him...... g27

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Good lesson for all who carry, Live by the gun die by the gun. Watch your 6. We lost a hero.

Trixxterr

Just saw this as I was checking my email, and was coming here to post. Sad,sad day. I wonder what the motive was?? Hopefully we find out, and the guy in custody is the right one, and he gets the needle. GOD BLESS TEXAS, AND THE KYLE FAMILY..

EDIT... JUST UPDATED news report...

GLEN ROSE, Texas (AP) — A 25-year-old man was charged with murder in the deaths of former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and another man at a Texas gun range, the Texas Department of Public Safety said Sunday.

Sgt. Lonny Haschel said in a news release that 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster was arraigned Saturday evening on two counts of capital murder..

Last edited:

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
GLEN ROSE, Texas — A 25-year-old man was charged with murder in the deaths of former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and another man at a Texas gun range, the Texas Department of Public Safety said Sunday.

Sgt. Lonny Haschel said in a news release that 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster was arraigned Saturday evening on two counts of capital murder.

Haschel said Erath County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call about a shooting at the Rough Creek Lodge, west of Glen Rose, at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday. Police found the bodies of Kyle, 38, and Chad Littlefield, 35, at the shooting range. Glen Rose is about 50 miles southwest of Fort Worth.

Police said Routh opened fire on Kyle and Littlefield around 3:30 p.m. Saturday, then fled in a Ford pickup truck. At about 8 p.m., Routh arrived at his home in Lancaster, about 17 miles southeast of Dallas. Police arrested him after a brief pursuit and took him to the Lancaster Police Department.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Good lesson for all who carry, Live by the gun die by the gun. Watch your 6. We lost a hero.

"I got your 6" I say to a close friend of mine....He knows I will go to war with him. We will stick together if it all goes down. Its not gonna happen anytime soon, but in the next 10 years it could get ugly, the goverment does not have enough money to do dollars for guns!!!!

Last edited:

Smith

wasn't he held up a while back at a gun station and he killed one of the guys who held him up?

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
wasn't he held up a while back at a gun station and he killed one of the guys who held him up?

An attempted car jacking. I know he shot 2 guys, not sure if 1 or both died. It's also been said he punched Jesse Ventura in the face for talking shit at a Wake type party at a bar for a fallen soldier.

KKing

Full Access Member
Not sure why they call him untouchable. He was treated for gunshot wounds twice.

I hate the word untouchable. He was a warrior, brave enough to do what had to be done, and he just happened to be very good at it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Chris Kyle Laid to Rest Today.

Chris Kyle being laid to rest today !!!

Thanks for your Service to our country. Both overseas in harms way while deployed and your service in helping other soldiers after they've come home. :patriot:

You're not worth a mention by your Commander in Chief, but certainly worth honoring from those who do appreciate your service and efforts. RIP Chris. :patriot:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ChrisKyle.jpg
    ChrisKyle.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 50
  • ChrisKyleMemory.jpg
    ChrisKyleMemory.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 51

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts