Charter Arms PitBull

FloridaGuy

I am thinking about picking up a Charter Arms Pitbull revolver in either 9mm or .40 caliber. I was wondering if anyone has one here if so what do you think of it.

FloridaGuy

There has been many stories where someone uses there concealed carry weapon and it is confiscated by law enforcement during the investigation that may take months. So I am looking at some inexpensive firearms as concealed carry weapons. Because I don't want a firearm costing $1,000 + locked up in police custody ,you never know what condition you will get it back in.

My LGS recommend that your concealed carry firearm is a firearm that you are not really attached to and one of lower cost to replace.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Glocks are cheaper than most good 1911's. I do have some lower end guns that I have tested well over 1000 rounds that I have trusted.

ViperJeff

Administrator
I figure the cost of my CC weapon is inconsequential to the value of my life or a loved ones life one's life. SO if I loose my XDM .40 or my Sub Compact XD .40. I can live with that

kwo51

Full Access Member
Thats the same way I feel about road rash on a Kimber or better 1911. Plastic is disposable.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
That's why I have 3 glocks, if one gets into evidence I have two more that I love just the same. I have alot of rds thru all of them without any kind of failure and i trust them with my life.
Concealed 27

oppo

Full Access Member
While I wouldn't recommend carrying a family heirloom, I certainly wouldn't let price be the primary factor in what I chose to carry. We carry because we understand that the world is not a safe place and there is a possibility we will need that firearm to protect our lives or the lives of those we care about.

As for the pitbull, I am not really familiar with it but I see no fault with the concept. The upside is that ammo cost will be less than 38/357.

Members online

No members online now.