california and guns on an airplane

ninja man

Full Access Member
need some more help guys. i am heading to texas in october and i want to take my 1911 with me. its texas...... i gotta have a gun. i have to blend in will everyone else..... although, how many asian dudes are in texas? i might stick out. haha

ok, so my 1911 is registered here in ca. i want to take the gun with me, which isnt a problem, i have checked regarding that. but what i cant find, after a couple hours of searching the web, is will i have issues bringing the gun BACK to ca when i return? there is nothing i found regarding this. i am assuming it wont be an issue since its is registered in ca in my name, and im just bringing it home. but if any of you know something i need to watch for, i would appreciate it. stupid ca government likes to dick with people.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Should not have a problem, when traveling with a firearm it must be locked in a case and no markings that there is a firearm in there. Go to baggage check in and and go directly to the front of line and let them know you have a firearm to declare. As far as coming back I would call lax and ask to speak to someone and let them know your concerns. I believe u should not have any problems. Because when u land and get your bags there cannot not be anything on your bags letting anyone there's anything in your bag so u will go gto baggage claim get your bag and grab a taxi or have ur wife pick u up....
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Hate to burst your bubble but Texas is not like the Wild, Wild West of old. They don't even allow open carry there. How screwed up is that? You'd think they'd be the last state to ban that.

Texas | OpenCarry.org

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
need some more help guys. i am heading to texas in october and i want to take my 1911 with me. its texas...... i gotta have a gun. i have to blend in will everyone else..... although, how many asian dudes are in texas? i might stick out. haha

ok, so my 1911 is registered here in ca. i want to take the gun with me, which isnt a problem, i have checked regarding that. but what i cant find, after a couple hours of searching the web, is will i have issues bringing the gun BACK to ca when i return? there is nothing i found regarding this. i am assuming it wont be an issue since its is registered in ca in my name, and im just bringing it home. but if any of you know something i need to watch for, i would appreciate it. stupid ca government likes to dick with people.

Contact the CA Dept of Justice. They are the authority on incoming and outgoing firearms in CA for both private party and FFL transfers.

ninja man

Full Access Member
the trip to texas is for a big raptor meet. from what i heard there is a gun day. we can go blow shit up. just wanted to participate.....

oppo

Full Access Member
The 2 main restrictions in Texas are no open carry of handguns and no concealed carry without a chl. You don't need a license to carry loaded in your vehicle and there are no restrictions on long guns.

cce1302

Full Access Member
Hate to burst your bubble but Texas is not like the Wild, Wild West of old. They don't even allow open carry there. How screwed up is that? You'd think they'd be the last state to ban that.

Texas | OpenCarry.org

^^^What he said.

Oh, you can't legally carry past a no weapons sign (as defined by Texas state law. Something about 30.06)

oppo

Full Access Member
^^^What he said.

Oh, you can't legally carry past a no weapons sign (as defined by Texas state law. Something about 30.06)

If you have a chl, you can't legally carry past a properly posted 30.06 sign on private property. Fortunately, those are pretty rare. The only one I can recall seeing offhand was at a mental health facility. The other sign that applies to CHLs is a 51% sign, in other words, a bar.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts