Bill Nye... MORON guy!

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
I guess having his butt handed to him by Ken Ham in the creation/evolutionism debate wasn't enough; NOW he wants all gearheads mad at him too, apparently. :rolleyes:

Bill Nye: 'If NASCAR embraced electric cars it could change the world'

Nye recently penned an op-ed for digital culture magazine Aeon, in which he argues that NASCAR should make the switch to electric-powered vehicles. In his mind, NASCAR is a celebration of "old tech," one that reinforces the automotive status quo and hinders progress from a social standpoint. And while the environmental benefits of an industry-wide change are obvious, the former mechanical engineer sees another benefit of the EV switch.

"Just think what an electric race would be like," Nye wrote. "It would be faster, and quiet. You could talk to the person next to you. The drivers could probably hear the roar of the crowd rather than having to imagine it as they do now. And most significant from my point of view, everyone in the crowd, every race fan, would want an electric car! The market for electric cars would go crazy."
:derp: 42 golf carts, racing 6mph around the track for 500 miles...

stupid.jpg

kwo51

Full Access Member
It would be interesting to see a race like that. I was at one of the first unlimited hydro races where jets beat the big 12 cylinder monsters. The roar is gone and now they scream. I can just imagine hundreds of B 25s flying over. The earth shook.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Not so much now that the stars and bars are gone. Likes the old stock cars races when they were production cars.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I wonder how the pit stops would go. Pull in for a quick plug up to recharge the battery while the tires are being changed. Instead of seconds, the pit stops would take hours.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Long extension cords. Slot cars on the track ,make racing safer. NO FUN

The whole track could be turned into one of those 'No contact charging pads' like the one you set your cellphone on. Then the cars could get charged as they speed around the track and never lose any power. Unless they hit the "Ludicrous Speed" button.

RuomV5v.jpg

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
Like the "world" cares about NASCAR.

LIFE-LIKE_HO_SCALE_NASCAR_500_ELECTRIC_SLOT_CAR_RACING_SET_9528_BOX.JPG

I gave up on NASCAR when Dale Jarrett retired - I haven't LIKED it since Ford did away with the Thunderbird - and it hasn't been STOCK car racing since the '81 season (the last year for actual STOCK bodies - all deck lids and sheet metal since the '82 season
rolleyes.gif
), BUT...

Nye is a Grade 'A' moron, if he thinks anyone even the LEAST bit interested in the sport, wants to watch golf carts racing.
th

And MY slot car set when I was a kid, was Petty's Charger & Pearson's Cougar! :chewie:

Members online

No members online now.