BIA Saiga Work

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Hey guys. Just wanted to show you what we can do with the Saiga shotguns and rifles. I want to start by saying that we do these the RIGHT way! We don't cut corners... we don't use cheap plastic plugs like most shops out there, and we're not "bolt-on gunsmiths". We machine a lot of our own parts in house. We address the real issue with the Saiga 12 cycling problems... the gas ports and block. We don't try to sell you expensive band aids that won't fix your gun. More on that later.

Our basic receiver conversion is $300. That covers a new G2 FCG and moving it forward in the receiver, welding up the holes that are left, your 922r compliance, a Hogue grip, a weld in back plate drilled and tapped ready for the stock of your choice, and a single color duracoat job.

The first pic is of a stock Saiga 12... for those who haven't seen one. Second, is with the back plate welded in place, and you can see the holes from where the fire control group once was. The third pic is of that same receiver with all those holes tig welded and resurfaced... the way the AK was designed to be.

More on the way.

Attachments

• conversion1.jpg
    conversion1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 13
  • conversion2.jpg
    conversion2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 15
  • conversion3.jpg
    conversion3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 15

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
You'll see all sorts of gas plugs and spring kits out there that claim to make the Saiga 12 run right. They're getting rich selling people crap that doesn't solve the real issue. According to Izhmash factory blueprints, the gas ports on a 3 port gun are supposed to be .093 of an inch. They usually come in around .070-.075... drastically under gassed. That is why stock Saiga 12's won't run the cheap bulk pack ammo. We pull the gas block, and re machine the gas ports to factory spec.

The gas block is often misaligned as well. So we machine the block so that it does not restrict the gas flow.

It all comes down to poor quality control in Russia. When the demand for these things spiked here, they really went to crap.

The first pic is before the work, and the second one if after. The best way to judge the difference if to look at the distance between the holes in each pic.

Attachments

• gas1.jpg
    gas1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 10
  • gas2.jpg
    gas2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 9

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
The options are pretty much endless when it comes to these things. We offer HK weld on sights, custom charging handles, selector levers, trigger guards, muzzle brakes and shrouds, mag releases and forearms. Rather than going over each one, I'm going to post some pictures of a few of the Saigas we've done. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

:biggun:

Attachments

• saiga1.jpg
    saiga1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 12
  • saiga2.jpg
    saiga2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 11
  • saiga4.jpg
    saiga4.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 13
  • saiga3.jpg
    saiga3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 12
  • saiga5.jpg
    saiga5.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 12

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Some more pics :chewie:

Attachments

• saiga6.jpg
    saiga6.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 8
  • saiga7.jpg
    saiga7.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 8
  • saiga8.jpg
    saiga8.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 9
  • saiga9.jpg
    saiga9.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 8
  • saiga10.jpg
    saiga10.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 8

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Ok, just curious but what would it run me to get a Saiga made to look like an authentic AK. Nice wood furniture, AK sights, AK flash hider, the works.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Ok, just curious but what would it run me to get a Saiga made to look like an authentic AK. Nice wood furniture, AK sights, AK flash hider, the works.

You're looking at $400 +/- for the gun. $125 or so for the furniture. $85 for the gas tube and retainers for hand guards. $300 for the conversion listed in the first post. $125 to pull the barrel and thread it. $15 for a bullet guide.

Right around $1,100 for a true Russian spec AK once all is said and done.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Alright thanks for the price and the break down! I've thought it would be cool for awhile and when I decide to pull the trigger (no pun intended) I will contact y'all. Especially since your not too far south of me.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Alright thanks for the price and the break down! I've thought it would be cool for awhile and when I decide to pull the trigger (no pun intended) I will contact y'all. Especially since your not too far south of me.

Good deal man. That price doesn't include the WF member discount. Not sure exactly what that's going to be yet, but we'll get you hooked up :cheers:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts