Australian study

kwo51

Full Access Member
A group of researchers from the University of Queensland, Australia released a study titled “Racism, Gun Ownership and Gun Control: Biased Attitudes in US Whites May Influence Policy Decisions” on October 31, 2013. According to this study there is a great correlation between white gun ownership in the United States and racism against blacks. The researchers go out of their way to reaffirm their hypothesis by using questionable data, contradiction, stereotypes, and adjusting variables until they get the desired result. The hypothesis put forth claims that since more whites own guns and are willing to protect gun rights at a greater instance than blacks, they claim whites owning a gun for self-protection is false. According to their studies, the real reason why whites own guns is their fear of blacks and the stereotype that blacks are more violent. The study goes on to claim that white gun owners suffer from symbolic racism and the study even goes as far as claiming gun ownership will eventually make a white person become a racist.

This study relied on the information gathered from the American National Election Study (ANES) to come to their conclusion. The researchers opted to pick a group of people that met a certain demographic; white, male, conservative, gun owner, anti-government sentiment, southerner, etc., and observed the answers to the race related questions given by ANES

Read more at New Study Plays Race Card on Gun Owners - Patriot UpdatePatriot Update

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Yeah, I saw that "study."
Junk science for sure.
"Lies, damn lies, and statistics" as they say.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Studies can be filled with made up facts to support whatever they are trying to prove. Global warming comes to mind. They're still trying to sell that one.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I really don't give much credence to this..anybody can "slant" conclusions based on their own personal beliefs or perceptions.

Arckadian

I dunno about any of you, but in the military I had a black NCO. I thought he was a very good man and I respected him. I also work with white, black, Asian and Hispanic. I have friends of every race and I don't feel the need to whip out a firearm and kick ass, what about you guys?

kwo51

Full Access Member
My senior drill instructor was black and I would have followed him to hell. In fact I think I did.Color only an issue when they want it to be.

armoredman

Full Access Member
A famous quote I heard from a Marine was, "There are no white Marines, there are no black Marines, there are no brown Marines, there only amphibious green Marines, and right now I want to see amphibious green BLURS!"
I work with many of all types, and inside the wire there are no black, brown, white or any other skin color staff - there is orange, and there is brown, (uniforms), and that's all that counts.

kwo51

Full Access Member
What I got from the USMC was if it moves shoot it and if it doesn't paint it. My son is a correction officer. There was a lot of racial problems state side in the corp but most went away in theater.

Members online

No members online now.