Airport security and TSA

Fred

Full Access Member

JuggNuttz

going to florida a few years ago, i made it thru security and onto a plane with a box of .410ga Winchester PDX1's. was in the side pocket of my back pack and it went thru the x-ray machine and everything. O'Hare airport employees at their finest!

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Probability of dying from a terrorist attack..1 in 30 million
Probability of getting cancer from a single TSA scan..1 in 30 million
7 out of 10 weapons get past screeners
Cost per gun found ..$6 million
Since 9/11 employee payroll has grown from 16,500 to 62,000
Average salary at D.C. Headquarters ..$103,852
Hundreds have been fired due to theft
Annual budget grown to $40 billion
Average schooling..high school dropout

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I sold my Ruger 380 to a friend for a keltec pf-9....kinda wish I didnt. but anyways on the topic, I am planning a vacation in the near future and will have to declare my carry piece and deal with all of that. Airport Security is a joke IMHO

kwo51

Full Access Member
Traveling with a gun gets you through quicker than not .TSA is a sham. Putting unemployable people to work.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I sold my Ruger 380 to a friend for a keltec pf-9....kinda wish I didnt. but anyways on the topic, I am planning a vacation in the near future and will have to declare my carry piece and deal with all of that. Airport Security is a joke IMHO

What do you mean by "Declare your carry piece"? You taking it on vacation with you?

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
You are able to travel with your gun there are laws that you have to obey. You must check-in with the airport and let them know you have an unloaded weapon and deal with the stuff. I will try and find the link for ya...

kwo51

Full Access Member
Oh ya and then pass go to the front of the line. Only way to travel. Be carfull if going through New York. Changing planes can be a problem.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
For those who do not know there was a fight with NY laws and allowing retired leos CCing while traveling in NY. I do not know the statue but is has been changed so they are allowed to now. Also If driving to NJ it is unlawfull to carry hollowpoints, u must unload your weapon and replace with FMJ...G19

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Just watched a video of a guy who took a trip and took some firearms along with him. I'm going on vacation next month (Florida) but will not be taking my gun. I'll be at a resort where they pick me up at the airport, I won't be leaving their property for the duration of the vacation, and they deliver me back to the airport when I leave. So the added concern of taking the gun with me is not worth it IMO. Besides, you're not suppose to carry in anyplace that charges admission. And this place definitely charges admission.

blockdoc

Full Access Member
Wtf - no carry anywhere that charges admission?? I see all the Yankees moving to FL over the years has taken its toll.

Members online

No members online now.