Air Force

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
They are a virtual pilots so they get virtual medals. They really only risk their aircraft. As was said, they were never in harms way. IMO, you only get medals for risking your life.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Now I might reconsider if a drone pilot was able to sweep in and save some boots on the ground. If our guys on the ground got into some trouble and a drone pilot gave them some time to regroup or escape then recognition would be in order.

Full Access Member
Now I might reconsider if a drone pilot was able to sweep in and save some boots on the ground. If our guys on the ground got into some trouble and a drone pilot gave them some time to regroup or escape then recognition would be in order.

I agree with that.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Was out at Travis AFB earlier last week as well as Ninjy's shop.uploadfromtaptalk1378006124975.jpg

SWSS from somewhere....

SWSS

Full Access Member
Dang!

SWSS from somewhere....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378006200755.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378006200755.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378006226228.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378006226228.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 7

kwo51

Full Access Member
Real nice old metal there .Air Force for when it really has to be destroyed over night.This coming from an old Devil Dog.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Real nice old metal there .Air Force for when it really has to be destroyed over night.This coming from an old Devil Dog.

I have been to bases that have some of the finest static displays I have ever seen! :rockit:

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Check out this photo from Kingman, AZ aircraft bone yard soon after WW2..enough planes there to start another war. Reduced to aluminium ignots.

kingman-aaf-storage-aerial-view-1946.jpg

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Here's a price list to buy surplus planes after the war. With the price of a house today you could of had your own air force squadron.

Typical prices for surplus aircraft were:

Type Price $$
BT-13 450
P-38 1,250
AT-6 1,500
A-26 2,000
P-51 3,500
B-25 8,250
B-17 or B-24 13,750
B-32 32,500

Many aircraft were transferred to schools for educational purposes, and to communities for memorial use for a minimal fee. One source reported a Boy Scout Troop bought a B-17 for $350.

A Walnut Ridge hometown institution, Southern Baptist College, purchased two of the aircraft stored at Walnut Ridge, a C-47 and a C-46. The exact purchase price for these is unknown, but is believed to have been around $600 to $800 each.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts