Air Force

mgentry

Full Access Member
I spent a little over 24 years in the Air Force. I was enlisted from 1966 until 1970 and had two tours in Viet Nam. I got out in 1970 went back to school got my degree and my commission. Went back on active duty in June of 1973. Went to Pilot training at Columbus AFB, after earning my Wings, I became a T-38 Instructor Pilot there. Went to B-52s after my tour at Columbus AFB. Was stationed at Barksdale AFB (1978- 1982), Offutt AFB (1982-1988), and Carwell AFB (1988-1992). Loved it - flew the B-52 G and H models and was an instructor pilot in each of them. My last tour in the Air Force was at Oklahoma State University, I was the Professor of Aerospace Studies and in charge of the Air Force ROTC Program at OSU. I retired from active duty in September of 1993. Then I was the Senior Aerospace Science Instructor in charge of an Air Force JROTC program for 18 years at Madison Central High School. Retired from Madison Central in June of 2011. Any other BUFF Drivers out there?

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Sounds like a very nice career. Looks like you spent a good bit of it sharing your knowledge with others. That's commendable.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I collect military stuff from WWI-Vietnam and bought this complete Air Force Class A uniform of Lt. Colonel Hammett, was told he was a navigator during WWII-Korea and Vietnam. Also included his flight suit dated 1968...whole thing for under $100.

8562025555_49d7632b6d_m.jpg

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Thank you for your service, I have great respect for the gentleman who served or are serving currently. Without people like you we cannot do the things that we are allowed to do according the the Constituition of the U.S...."To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason, Father of the Bill of Rights......

Concealed 27

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
The founder of SAC four star General Curtis E. LeMay..today Obama would of fired him for having "hawkish views toward our enemies".

8563901796_0b35036c38_m.jpg

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member

Attachments

• IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3014.jpg
    IMG_3014.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3016.jpg
    IMG_3016.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 10

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Gee son you making me feel old...:( a few more photos of my stuff.

8565884743_2b7db9d4d5_m.jpg

extremely cool stuff...You did some bad ass shit in your time im sure. I wanted to serve but got an illness that prevented me from enlisting but I am into all of it......Concealed27

kwo51

Full Access Member
My wife baby sat for an F4 pilot kids back in the mid 70's .He was maybe 5'5" . I asked if they put pedal extensions on it for him. Great guy!

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
More F-4's were lost over in Vietnam than any other aircraft..445 with 382 in combat. Have a cousin who flew F-4 II's in Germany during the 80's and currently flies for Delta.

d4c-7974.jpg

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
extremely cool stuff...You did some bad ass shit in your time im sure. I wanted to serve but got an illness that prevented me from enlisting but I am into all of it......Concealed27

Oh not really..cause I did earn the Good Conduct Medal....but there was this one time hanging around in some ratskeller in Frankfurt...with this gorgeous fraulein..who thought I looked like some old boyfriend...well I can't finish the story because I might lose that medal...:rotflmao:

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Here's another F-4 I took recently at the CAF Museum down in Mesa, AZ..from the U.S.S. Ranger circa 1972. That little yellow aircraft in front was flown by Danny DeVito in the movie "Tall in the Clouds".

8579456624_8d39eab5da_m.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts