45 with a decocker

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
I kinda like the H&K better but i've only shot the sig. the H&K feels better in the hand tho.

TheFuzz

Full Access Member
The FNP45 is an excellent gun at it's price point. They come in several variations though, so make sure you get the one that has the functional decocker if that's what you're looking for.

If you like your P226 and want to stay with a metal framed gun, the P220 is always an option - and an excellent one at that - but you'll be reduced to 1911 capacity with one. Not that I mind since I carry a Sig 1911 on my hip at work every day. :)

I personally don't care for HK's. Not because they aren't good guns, but because they are rediculously expensive for what you get, and trying to fix one when they break (and eventually they will - all guns do) is an expensive PITA because HK restricts parts availability so much. YMMV though.

jrw113

Since you have a 226, I would stick with the 220 for my 45. Same manual of arms makes things easier.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
It's the P95DC, great gun. Big, but great and can be had at a steal of a price.

According to the Wiki article the P95 is a 9mm. Very similar to my P85. They also made a p345. It's a single stack mag so it's thinner and also available with a decocker safety. It's model number is KP345DPR.

blockdoc

Full Access Member
I like my Beretta PX4 storm a lot. Mine is a .40, but I've shot a buddy's storm in .45 and it was just about identical, except for less capacity and a touch more recoil.

I usually carry a beretta 8040 cougar, which is now made by Stoeger. If they're making it in .45, it could be worth consideration.

GarandMaster

I love my Sig P226. The decocker feature is great. Looking to get a 45 soon and Sig and H&K have models with a decocker. Thoughts?
Yeah! take a look at the FNP FNX-45. It is single and double action, has an ambi decocker which is also the external safety. The safety totally disengages the trigger so you can carry cocked & locked. You can get one with a threaded extended barrel. The price won't hurt you near as bad as an H&K but it's probably comparable to the Sig.

Members online

No members online now.