2 issues, seems to me to be 1 problem

gunbunny76

3/4 of weapons used in mass shootings purchased legally

and

2 million mentally ill are in prison instead of mental institutions

Sound to me we might have more of a mental health problem then a gun control problem. Maybe instead of more money for the prison system, (which 1/2 of all prisoners in the US are in private prisons, to the tune of $166 per day per prisoner) we need to go ahead and spend the money taking care of mental health of people. And removing the stigmatism attached to disorders. It would cost us a lot less in the long run.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Yes and we need better reporting to the NICS by the states.

We need to enforce the laws we have instead of passing more that will not be enforced anyway.

cce1302

Full Access Member
3/4 of weapons used in mass shootings purchased legally

and

2 million mentally ill are in prison instead of mental institutions

Sound to me we might have more of a mental health problem then a gun control problem. Maybe instead of more money for the prison system, (which 1/2 of all prisoners in the US are in private prisons, to the tune of $166 per day per prisoner) we need to go ahead and spend the money taking care of mental health of people. And removing the stigmatism attached to disorders. It would cost us a lot less in the long run.

Mentally ill people don't just use guns to commit their crimes. they commit many crimes unarmed. Burglary, assault, rape, you name it. doesn't require a firearm.

I'm doing what I can. I'm a therapist for adolescent criminals.

kwo51

Full Access Member
May have been bought legally but got into the wrong hands. I don't think the buyers of most guns used to commit crimes are the ones using them. Some psychos do slip through but most are stopped by honest FFL's. Sure we have a mental health problem here look at what is running this country,THUGS!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
When was the last time a shotgun was used in a killing spree? This was a planned attack by a nut case.

Members online

No members online now.