Yes Sig P226 Mags DO fit the Taurus PT111 G2!

Bluez

Full Access Member
Finally got me some Sig226 Mags for my Taurus.

18 bucks each for 15 rd Mags.
these are the proMags.

On physical inspection the geometry on the feed lips seems identical between the 2 mags.

The OEM Taurus mag feels a bit more "high end".
The ProMag is also missing the back windows on the mag for ammo loading (or monitoring) help.

On manual loading and cycling no issue.
The 15rd mag sticks out on the bottom a bit of course.

I dont mind..and it wont affect any holsters I own.
Concealed carry the OEM Mag might be better but this serves as a in-house backup for me mostly

Check the pics (The shorter Mag is of course the OEM Mag)

Attachments

• 100_1351.jpg
    100_1351.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1352.jpg
    100_1352.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1353.jpg
    100_1353.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1354.jpg
    100_1354.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 10

Bluez

Full Access Member
Silver: I dont know enough about SIgs to answer that question. I know they do offer 40 cal Sig 2xx series
I am near 100% that there is a generic Sig mag out there that will fit your gun but I do not know the Sig model....

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Silver: I dont know enough about SIgs to answer that question. I know they do offer 40 cal Sig 2xx series
I am near 100% that there is a generic Sig mag out there that will fit your gun but I do not know the Sig model....

Yeah, I know nothing about Sigs other than they are suppose to be a good quality gun. I don't even think I've ever looked at or handled one.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Update: Just fired 200 rds thru those magazines thru the Taurus.
Only a single malfunction and this was unrelated to the mags.

Silver I saw they def sell a 40 cal version of the sig226.
I bet those generic promags for that would fit you (IF they make 'em generic for the 40 cal sig )

kwo51

Full Access Member
Kel tec made a p40 version of the p11 the mags were about the same with a little wider mouth. The gun hurt to shoot in 40 with 180 gr rounds ,went back to 9mm. The Taurus p111 looks like a carbon copy of the keltec.

Members online

No members online now.