Why do you carry?

oppo

Full Access Member
I was training a group of police officers in Texas, and during the break, one officer asked his friend if he carried his weapon in church. The other cop replied, “I will never be caught without my gun in church.” I asked why he felt so strongly about this, and he told me about a police officer he knew who was at a church massacre in Ft. Worth, Texas, in 1999. In that incident, a mentally deranged individual came into the church and opened fire, gunning down 14 people. He said that officer believed he could have saved every life that day if he had been carrying his gun. His own son was shot, and all he could do was throw himself on the boy’s body and wait to die. That cop looked me in the eye and said, “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself after that?”

http://southwestshootingauthority.com/1775255.html

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
The third one down on the list, the one in Forest Hill, TX. Is like 5 minutes from my house. I pass it every single day on my way to and from work.

kwo51

Full Access Member
There are monster out there. Danny Rollins killed my cousin ,that was the kicker for me.I can't fit a cop in my pocket.

kwo51

Full Access Member
That church needs to set up a security team and get a handle on the law before someone else does.

mgentry

Full Access Member
Our society has changed and the violence has increased. My wife and I have a plant business that requires us to pick up the plants we rent at all hours of the day and night and sometimes in some unsavory places. We have be scared a few times and just felt for our own protection and well being that being armed was the way to go. I have never had to draw my weapon but I have no problems if I have to draw and use it.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Smart churches have security details. In states that don't allow guns in church could if they made them owners or security. See the Lawyers.

Old School

As a retired career law enforcement officer I have seen far to many times when had a firearm been available to the victim a tragedy could have been averted.

I am always armed when out in public. As Col. Cooper said "Goblins Abound".

Members online

No members online now.