Why do you carry?

ViperJeff

Administrator
I let this run for a while before putting in my 2 cents

I live in a fairly safe state, in a fairly safe city and in a fairly safe neiborhood.....

So why would I carry. Three years ago I would have had no use for it, two years ago, the gang activity got within a 1/4 of a mile from out house and several homes on our street were robbed in broad daylight including a prison officers home. 1 year ago, I realized the world was changing, uncertainty was real and the way life was when I was 14 was long gone. I knew all the signs and laws on the books would not stop a bad guy from being a bad guy.

So I need to change.

I read, I learn, I study, I pay attention and I carry.

Not because I'm looking to be some kind of hero, it's simple, when the uncertainty of what is happening in my own neighborhood knocks down my door.... I don't want to wonder what if for the rest of my life.

I can put my head in the sand and think all these new laws will change everything or I can just know that bad guys will be bad guys.

One of the phrases I have always hated is "Judged by 12 rather than carried by 6". I personally don't want either. is what I want is a long healthy life for me, my loved ones and those I would call friends

Vj

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Its been a good run now lock and load. There are monsters out there. Cops are only there to clean up.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Cuz it makes me a badass !!! and now that I can open carry, I"m even a badder badass !!!

Right? :shrug:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, I can open carry, but DO NOT !!!

Had a close uncle murdered as an armored car gaurd Dec 15, 88 My first handgun was on layaway in Jan 89.

So my answer is all of the above, except cuz it's cool.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I let this run for a while before putting in my 2 cents

I live in a fairly safe state, in a fairly safe city and in a fairly safe neiborhood.....

So why would I carry. Three years ago I would have had no use for it, two years ago, the gang activity got within a 1/4 of a mile from out house and several homes on our street were robbed in broad daylight including a prison officers home. 1 year ago, I realized the world was changing, uncertainty was real and the way life was when I was 14 was long gone. I knew all the signs and laws on the books would not stop a bad guy from being a bad guy.

So I need to change.

I read, I learn, I study, I pay attention and I carry.

Not because I'm looking to be some kind of hero, it's simple, when the uncertainty of what is happening in my own neighborhood knocks down my door.... I don't want to wonder what if for the rest of my life.

I can put my head in the sand and think all these new laws will change everything or I can just know that bad guys will be bad guys.

One of the phrases I have always hated is "Judged by 12 rather than carried by 6". I personally don't want either. is what I want is a long healthy life for me, my loved ones and those I would call friends

Vj

I answer my door with weapon in hand behind door if I am not expecting anyone.. My family thought I was a paranoid skiso untill I started showing them the crime going on locally.Heres the link I showed them...http://gis.pinellascounty.org/crimeviewer/disclaimer.aspx?ReturnUrl=/crimeviewer/Default.aspx
It allows to enter address you live at and see the crimes that are taking place and also see Sex Offenders....Neat tool to use to see if you have children or are wondering how safe the area you live in or if your planning to move to...

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Because when evil walks through the door, you need to be prepared. And you never know when evil will be there. Unfortunately you can't ask the victims of these mass shootings their opinion.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I answer my door with weapon in hand behind door if I am not expecting anyone.. My family thought I was a paranoid skiso untill I started showing them the crime going on locally.Heres the link I showed them...http://gis.pinellascounty.org/crimeviewer/disclaimer.aspx?ReturnUrl=/crimeviewer/Default.aspx
It allows to enter address you live at and see the crimes that are taking place and also see Sex Offenders....Neat tool to use to see if you have children or are wondering how safe the area you live in or if your planning to move to...

Lucky for us, we have the same too in most counties in OK too. I have very very few crimes within a 5 mile radius of my home and most of those are domestic in nature. Like an assault for example. Wife burnt dinner and didn't do the dishes, she got smacked around a bit. OK, it was just a bit funny for just a second, but not cool at all and the fugger deserved to be charged. But, that's my point. Were not some tiny po dunk town, big enough for 3 large high schools, 4 fire departments and another being built, along with big enough to have about any store, like Lowe's, Home Depot, all the Discount Auto Parts etc, A Dicks Sporting Goods, which they can leave and wouldn't hurt my feelings, and I'd say we average 1 murder a year. Those too are usually domestic in nature, where 2 buddies got drunk, got into a fight and knife got involved, maybe even a gun sometimes. Some years, we have 0 murders, then one year we might have a domestic brotherly love gun fight and they kill each other. NO graffiti around here, no gang violance. Our cops are pricks and that's one of the advantages. Most criminals don't want to come here cuz the law has a reputation for being pricks here. And the cops attitude is, defend yourself, then call us, we'll get county to clean up the mess and haul off the leftovers, splattered guts and all.

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Lucky for us, we have the same too in most counties in OK too. I have very very few crimes within a 5 mile radius of my home and most of those are domestic in nature. Like an assault for example. Wife burnt dinner and didn't do the dishes, she got smacked around a bit. OK, it was just a bit funny for just a second, but not cool at all and the fugger deserved to be charged. But, that's my point. Were not some tiny po dunk town, big enough for 3 large high schools, 4 fire departments and another being built, along with big enough to have about any store, like Lowe's, Home Depot, all the Discount Auto Parts etc, A Dicks Sporting Goods, which they can leave and wouldn't hurt my feelings, and I'd say we average 1 murder a year. Those too are usually domestic in nature, where 2 buddies got drunk, got into a fight and knife got involved, maybe even a gun sometimes. Some years, we have 0 murders, then one year we might have a domestic brotherly love gun fight and they kill each other. NO graffiti around here, no gang violance. Our cops are pricks and that's one of the advantages. Most criminals don't want to come here cuz the law has a reputation for being pricks here. And the cops attitude is, defend yourself, then call us, we'll get county to clean up the mess and haul off the leftovers, splattered guts and all.

Yep' here in Tampa Bay area, cops like us being armed legally. Consider it for what u want but its taken king out the dirty laundry :scum:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Yep' here in Tampa Bay area, cops like us being armed legally. Consider it for what u want but its taken king out the dirty laundry :scum:

Same here. You know when you get pulled over, Law says, notify immediatley that you are CCW. And I do. They ask where is it, and then usually respond with, Don't show me yours and I won't show you mine. Then when they get back with my WARNING, :rofl:, some will ask, so what do you carry. I say Glock 23, and some have said, That's what I carry for my off-duty weapon, but on-duty is a Glock 22.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Same here. You know when you get pulled over, Law says, notify immediatley that you are CCW. And I do. They ask where is it, and then usually respond with, Don't show me yours and I won't show you mine. Then when they get back with my WARNING, :rofl:, some will ask, so what do you carry. I say Glock 23, and some have said, That's what I carry for my off-duty weapon, but on-duty is a Glock 22.

Not in FL. Legally i can answer no. We are not "a right to Inform state" but I do out of respect. Most firearm related crimes ar at normal traffic stops. So put him at ease and not once have I been asked to disarm, have gotten off with warnings last 2 stops. The sheriffs office round here know I'm packed always....

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Because the 2nd amendment says I can!!!

That's the wrong answer. You're supposed to says, Cuz it makes me a badass and I"m cool.

Especially when you're in an open carry state. You see all the badasses you want. But I like it. They'll be the first target before I get hit, and I'll have time to pull mine out in a safe place and take a calculated shot instead of under duress. So badasses are my friends too. Everyone needs a few badasses open carrying in public.

OK,OK OK, and I do open carry at times, but it does depend on the weather and clothing. I'd rather open carry than not carry at all.

kwo51

Full Access Member
We have the here we call them Police. Evil does not give a s--t if you are armed or not. How do we stop evil? Disarm the world is what the UN wants to do,and ostupid.

otasan

Full Access Member
Because CCW is allowed in VT - no permit required. If one is allowed to own a handgun, one can CCW with it. I CCW with my G17 because I don't want to become a crime statistic. Just shoot the criminal with Fed BPLE+P+.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.