Well, it's finally here

Arckadian

The class is over and we just have to submit the paperwork and wait 60 days and the CCL will be ours..... MWAHAHAHA

Arckadian

Submitted paperwork on Monday and Jeff got his in the day after me.... the Clock is TICKING..... MWAHAHA

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
DANGER DANGER DANGER ...... PISTOL PACKIN OOOOTAHKNEEINS ON THE LOOSE :eek:! Cool !:):D
Not yet but will be soon enough. Why in the heck is there a 60 day waiting period? Background check? Heck...if you do something wrong, they have that info in 60 seconds.

Arckadian

The BCI check is just a few seconds long true... But they have to send the app to the FBI for them to do a complete check of your life history. That is what takes the longest.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
The BCI check is just a few seconds long true... But they have to send the app to the FBI for them to do a complete check of your life history. That is what takes the longest.

I could be wrong but I don't think the FBI had anything to do with the decision on my CCW. I think it was all handled here locally by my sheriff dept. Seems like it was just a week or two and they called and said "Come pick it up".

Arckadian

I believe that is the difference between getting it from the local sheriff and the BCI which is a state wide entity. But part of our cost for the CCL is the FBI background checks.

Also this is OOOOOTAH hehe we do things funny here.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I believe that is the difference between getting it from the local sheriff and the BCI which is a state wide entity. But part of our cost for the CCL is the FBI background checks.

Also this is OOOOOTAH hehe we do things funny here.
Yeah, here in NC the sheriff probably called Billy Bob and Bubba to see if they'd heard if I'd killed anybody recently. Since neither one of them knew, he decided to just go ahead and give me the CCW.

This actually may not be too far from the truth. Lol....

Arckadian

All I know is that the BCI checks are instant and all that does is check within the state. What probably makes the Utah CCL so appealing and so widely accepted is the FBI background check. Which if that is true would actually be rather cool. I believe I heard that besides Utah the best CCL you can get is from Florida.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
The NC CCW seems to be a pretty good one too. The only states I can't carry are:
1. Kalifornia
2. Oregon
3. Minnesota
4. Maryland
5. Deleware
6. New Jerky
7. New Yok
8. Maine
9. Rhode Island
10. Connecticut
11. Massachusetts
12. Hawaii

According to the Reciprocity map OOOOtaw has 15 forbidden states.
You can add:
New Mexico (I thought everybody carried there, state law or somethin')
Kansas
South Carolina (See New Mexico)
Nevada

But you can carry in Minnesota where I can't.
And a Florida CCW forbids you to carry in 14 states.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.