Simple customization of a Beretta

Max

Full Access Member
Hello everyone

This is once again a question that came up while I worked on my novel-project (yes that's still going on, I hope I'm not annoying you with it).
The point is, that one of the characters carries/uses a Beretta 92FS, at times the Inox-Version.
Now, the book is set in a war, and it's obviously not smart to use a silver gun if you want to stay hidden.
I wanted to know if it makes sense if the character would take the Inox, and spray-paint it in green, brown or dark gray.
Or does the silver color make no difference, as the gun is rather small?

I would like to get your opinion on that.

Thanks for your time,

Max

Edit:
I have already seen some repainted Berettas, but I wonder if that has any real reason, or if it is just for show.

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Does not matter it's gonna be bolstered somewhere on hip or thigh, if your character is using weapon already in a firefight so makes no difference.

Attachments

• th-2.jpeg
    th-2.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 5

Max

Full Access Member
The gun is acutally carried in a pocket most of the time (not safe, I know).
But sometimes it is carried at the ready, while clearing a room/house for example.
But then again, in those instances there are at least two other guns at the ready as well.
So I guess you're right, it doesn't really matter.

Max

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Certain prop items can be used more to say something about the character's personality. If you wish to add a little attitude, choosing a unique or flashy weapon can be useful. It also adds more description and "feel" to a scene in the story.
And remember that props can also become a signature of a certain character. Think of items like Wyatt Earp's "Buntline special" colt revolver; Quigly's Sharps rifle; or even Chewbacca's Bowcaster from Star Wars. Even Gen. Patton is often mentioned with his nickel-plated Colt SAA on his hip.

However, if re-coating the gun fits some part of the plot or is a tool for advancement of the story, then that would be fine also.

Max

Full Access Member
The guns in the novel are matched to the characters.
The girl in question got the Beretta as it is an italian gun (-company), and the girl used to pay lots of attention to fashion.
Also, the 92 is a little less smooth than the Storm, for example, supposingly showing that the character has "some edges" (not that easy to explain).
The Inox was chosen to show a difference to all the black guns.
The coating would just have the point that the characters mostly "operate" at night/dusk, and of course try not to be seen too early.
But it seems like the coating is unnecessary, as pointed out before, because of the Beretta mainly being a backup.

Max

Members online

No members online now.