Saw a Black Bear

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Was heading home the other afternoon and saw a black bear attempt to cross the road ahead of me. It's a little two lane country road lined with woods on one side and sparsely spaced homes on the other. It was trying to cross from the woods to another wooded area between two homes on the other.

It saw me coming and turned and ran back into the thickly wooded area. By the time I got there it was deep into the trees. I couldn't slow down much due to traffic coming up on me. That's the first bear I've seen in the wild and I never expected it to be as close to the house as it was.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I hope he was crossing at a bear crossing. May have to move the signs.

Bear sightings are so rare in this area it's newsworthy. Our local paper has been known to post the migration of a bear through the county. I just hope it gets to wherever it's wanting to be without too much trouble.

infidel

I've seen about 10 in the last 2 month's. They are crawling all around in Ocala National Forest. Way over protected and now over populated here in Florida. Pushing for a limited quota hunt.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've seen about 10 in the last 2 month's. They are crawling all around in Ocala National Forest. Way over protected and now over populated here in Florida. Pushing for a limited quota hunt.

I know Florida has them. You hear about car/bear encounters somewhat often. I wish those bears would learn how to look both ways.

kwo51

Full Access Member
One took out a guy on his harley a few years back. One was at the take out window of the in and out in Ocala.

priell3

Full Access Member
Once in a while one will stroll through my back yard.

I've had many close encounters with black bears in PA's Wilds.

Members online

No members online now.