S&W SD9VE & SD40VE vs Glock G19 & G23

oppo

Full Access Member
Aside from the M&P having a slightly lighter trigger and interchangeable backstraps, probably not much. I do know the M&P is available in different configurations as far as safeties. I am guessing the SD probably isn't in order help keep the cost down.

Last edited:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
IMO, 2 upgrades that are must for the SD9 and 40 are the apex trigger job you speak of and change the plastic sights out to at least S&W M&P sights or get aftermarket night sights. The plastic sights are not all that.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Having worked for SW (SWSS, duh) AND i own a M&P40 and a SD40VE AND a Glock or 2...The M&P line is a great line of weapons, I bought my dad a M&P22 (same fit and feel) but the SD is a value gun, a real daily side piece, what it was designed to be. Why does it really matter? Because lets be realistic, in the 8-16 ft I hit you with a 40cal what I paid for my pewpew is kinda irrelative. Kinda like bewbees, some like'm big and well the rest are :supergay:, I guess...

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I had a sd9mm when they first came out and I found that the trigger and mag issues is what I think to be done to it. They kinda look like a glock with the slide off other than the slide rail.jmho
Concealed 27

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
They're more than Kinda like a Glock. Glock sued S&W over that gun and won. Other than the long heavy trigger pull and cheap sights, they're good guns. They are a budget value gun but worth every penny IMO. Not everyone can afford a $500-$600 gun for self defense. The long heavy trigger pull makes for a safer gun if a child should get a hold of it too. It's not piece you buy for a target competition. Its a piece that will work well from 10-25 feet to put a few holes in the chest of thug and cheap enough to give it up the cops for their investigation. Chances are, you're not getting it back anyway even if you were in the right and cleared of any charges. Once the cops get it, it's an act of Congress to get it back.

You can also get a trigger kit and put M&P sights on one and they work much better than right out of hte box. Of course by the time you have all that done, for just about a $100 more you may as well have bought the M&P in the first place.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Seems Fishy. Only shot 16 rounds through it, but only comes with 1 mag? Wonder if it comes with the case. Sold anyway. Maybe he sold 1 Mag to recover some funds.

Members online

No members online now.