looking for pocket gun

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I'm looking for a new pocket gun and thought I'd ask you guys for a good suggestion. I want a 9mm that I can carry in my pocket. I was thinking bout a m and shield. Seems like a gun I can carry in my pocket. How bout suggestions please in a 9mm .....Thanks
Concealed 27

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
My new carry gun will be a Shield 9mm without the manual safety. Personally, if I were planning on pocket carry though, I would get the version with the thumb safety.
I shot both the 9mm and the 40 a little over a week ago. And although I am a fan of the .40cal; it is quite a handful in that little pistol.

The CZ75 is just a PITA to carry very often; especially now that spring is on the way.

I didn't much like the grips on the Springfield XDS or Ruger LC9, but that is a personal opinion.
The Kimber Solo was a nice little gun; but the range owner said they could be a bit finicky even after break-in. And they are too spendy.

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Ruger makes some nice pocket guns. My pocket gun is a little kelTec .32. It fits in my back pocket like a wallet.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
The Shield is smaller, less expensive, carries 1 more round, and is available with a manual safety.

I like Glocks, but I think Smith+Wesson have them beat in the pocket gun market.

doublestack

The shield is a little too big for a "pocket" gun unless you're a big guy. I've carried it in my leather bomber jacket on the inside pocket...but would be a little large and heavy to carry in your shorts front pocket. Best to carry w/ a IWB holster IMO.
Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.