Here is my "everyday wear"...

DSC_0686.jpg

DSC_0692.jpg

DSC_0691.jpg

DSC_0688.jpg

.45 ACP

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
Nice carry choice .. Love the size and the caliber ... Is that factory enhanced or have you had any enhancements done to it .
How does it shoot Scott ?

Last edited:

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Nice carry choice .. Love the size and the caliber ... Factory or Enhanced.
How does it shoot Scott ?

It is absolutely factory right now... still so tight it mis-feeds occasionally. But, the more I shoot it, the better it gets.

It shoots better than I do! ;)

Actually, it shoots extremely well! I love the short trigger travel, and balance of this gun. The trigger is only about 4.5 lbs, and travels straight to the rear. It also has a nice audible click when it resets, making it easy to use as a follow-through helper.

I am very happy with this gun! I carry it concealed with some 125 grain JHPs, because shooting twice is silly! ;)

Arckadian

my 1911 has a hair tigger, but it was a police officers service weapon before I got it.... The XDS has a little more extra movement required to pull that trigger to fire position, but I think I like that a little more because then I (its kind of a mental thing for me) am less likely to yank the weapon, because at the range I was just squeezing until the weapon fired....

However still didnt help my aim much :p need more practice

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
my 1911 has a hair tigger, but it was a police officers service weapon before I got it.... The XDS has a little more extra movement required to pull that trigger to fire position, but I think I like that a little more because then I (its kind of a mental thing for me) am less likely to yank the weapon, because at the range I was just squeezing until the weapon fired....

However still didnt help my aim much :p need more practice

Hmm...

We use the S&W M&P 9mm handguns in the course I teach, and the trigger pull on the XDs is similar. What I mean is that there is that 1/4-1/2" pull before the trigger is in contact with the action because of the trigger safety. What I see most often is that the shooters have a tendency to yank the trigger because of this dead-space travel. Your mind tells you the trigger is dead, therefore the shot is done, and you jerk the trigger to the rear.

My instruction to the shooter is: Slack, Front-sight, Press/Pull. Get the slack out of the trigger, focus on front sights, pull or press the trigger to the rear. (I like pull because to me it means toward my body, press in my mind is away.)

Repeat the mantra in your head - Slack, Front-Sight, Pull... Slack, Front-Sight, Pull...

Then, pull the trigger to the rear and hold it there, re-aquire the target through the sights, and slowly release the trigger. Always maintain contact with the trigger. If your finger flies off of the trigger after every shot, you might be slapping it. (Think Newton's Law) But, you definitely are not practicing good follow-through.

pistol-shot-diagnostics-target_Page_1.jpg

Last edited:

Arckadian

This was a good video.. I thought it was interesting when he said it seems to pull to the right as well. He is a much better shot than me by far but that he said that also proves something that I was thinking my self. I just need to compensate for that right pull a little and then work on my grip.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I'd love to have a range like that. Even though I live out in the country, houses are still too close for something like that.

ViperJeff

Administrator
Hmm...

We use the S&W M&P 9mm handguns in the course I teach, and the trigger pull on the XDs is similar. What I mean is that there is that 1/4-1/2" pull before the trigger is in contact with the action because of the trigger safety. What I see most often is that the shooters have a tendency to yank the trigger because of this dead-space travel. Your mind tells you the trigger is dead, therefore the shot is done, and you jerk the trigger to the rear.

My instruction to the shooter is: Slack, Front-sight, Press/Pull. Get the slack out of the trigger, focus on front sights, pull or press the trigger to the rear. (I like pull because to me it means toward my body, press in my mind is away.)

Repeat the mantra in your head - Slack, Front-Sight, Pull... Slack, Front-Sight, Pull...

Then, pull the trigger to the rear and hold it there, re-aquire the target through the sights, and slowly release the trigger. Always maintain contact with the trigger. If your finger flies off of the trigger after every shot, you might be slapping it. (Think Newton's Law) But, you definitely are not practicing good follow-through.

pistol-shot-diagnostics-target_Page_1.jpg

Non lets see that for the left handed shooter like me

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Nice Kimber! A good friend of mine just got one for cheap and I've been trying to talk him out of it for close to the same price

tacticold

Full Access Member
I've had un Ultra Carry II for years. It's comfy to wear and accurate out of the box, but there's significant twisting torque on the wrist in the recoil. It's very hard to quickly reacquire the target. I moved up just an inch in barrel and to a steel framed Sig 1911 Carry, and there's almost no twist in the recoil. It's harder to conceal, but I'm more comfortable, and more accurate, with the slightly larger/heavier pistol.

That's just my experience, though. Guns are extremely subjective to the shooter. It is a gorgeous little 1911, though! I love mine.

Members online

No members online now.