interesting day at courthouse

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Had to take a friend to the courthouse today to get an injunction on her sorry ass husband. She got the kids outta the car so i could disarm, locked weapon and spare mag in glovebox and was good to go right. Wrong, I forgot about my .556 inhert keychain...lol, there were 4 Sherriffs deputy and the yougest one said I had to take it to the car and I said no problem. Came back thru detectors did not go off but I pulled my shirt up so he could see my high noon holster and spare mag case. We started talking about all the BS going on he said I'm glad people like u are armed, we love it!! Really nice Leo we shot the shit for 20 minutes and my friend was done before I got pasted security section. Our courthouse has a jail right behind and a school right across the street that is for at risk teens. Anyways, just want everyone know there on our side. I have been giving warnings instead of tickets cause I show my cwp along with DL & ins. Florida is not a right to inform state. Meaning at a normal traffic stop we do not have say we are armed, even if they ask. I do it outta respect cause most Leo shootings occur @ traffic stops and I don't want them stressed about me cause I look kinda thugish.....just thought I'd share my experiance.... Concealed 27

:emotions34:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Same goes here. Occasionally you come across a "powertrip" happy cop with a little dick so he has to act like he's some guy that's better than you, but that is very rare. I've been given several warnings. Only got a ticket one time when I had to show my CCW permit, and the cop was really sorry he had to do it and would you believe, I actually believe he was sorry and meant it.

They were working a bad accident portion of I-35 to slow traffic down in that area. He got me doing 75 in a 60. He flat told me, Man, I'd love to give you a break and just do a warning, but that's my boss back there on the bike and we're hitting everyone at 9+ over and creating revenue. If he looks through my book and sees I gave a warning, it's my ass, but here's what I'm going to do. He don't know what I have you clocked at. So I'm putting 69, and anything 10 or under, you still get the fine, but it stays off your record. I just said, cool man, I'll call that a break and I get to keep my perfect driving record. He responded, Good deal, I noticed that too, and I sure don't want to be the one to screw that up. I signed it, and thought we were all done. But NO, he wanted to talk about what I was carrying. I said Glock 23. He said that's what he's carrying blah blah blah. He was actually the first one that told me about the G32 barrel fitting it and shooting .357Sig.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Same goes here. Occasionally you come across a "powertrip" happy cop with a little dick so he has to act like he's some guy that's better than you, but that is very rare. I've been given several warnings. Only got a ticket one time when I had to show my CCW permit, and the cop was really sorry he had to do it and would you believe, I actually believe he was sorry and meant it.

They were working a bad accident portion of I-35 to slow traffic down in that area. He got me doing 75 in a 60. He flat told me, Man, I'd love to give you a break and just do a warning, but that's my boss back there on the bike and we're hitting everyone at 9+ over and creating revenue. If he looks through my book and sees I gave a warning, it's my ass, but here's what I'm going to do. He don't know what I have you clocked at. So I'm putting 69, and anything 10 or under, you still get the fine, but it stays off your record. I just said, cool man, I'll call that a break and I get to keep my perfect driving record. He responded, Good deal, I noticed that too, and I sure don't want to be the one to screw that up. I signed it, and thought we were all done. But NO, he wanted to talk about what I was carrying. I said Glock 23. He said that's what he's carrying blah blah blah. He Owas actually the first one that told me about the G32 barrel fitting it and shooting .357Sig.

Yeah our deputys are cool....its the locals I can't stand, around me most deputys are former military. Treat them with respect and you get it back....give em a hard time they will put u thru misery....

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Yeah, I think the respect and cooperation go a long way. I've even seen a few times, OHP taking people to jail for No drivers license, having a warrant, and one I'm pretty sure was a DUI, but they don't even cuff the people and they sit in the front seat to go to jail. This is when I get a tow call to impound the vehicle. I"m like WTF? Why isn't this person in cuffs and in the back of the car, but NO, they're walking around smoking a cigarette. And when done the cop asks, well, you ready? Let's get this over with so you can get bailed out and back home.

Even a city cop once, taking a guy to jail for a warrant and he had an open container of beer in the console. As I'm inventorying the vehicle with the cop which is protocol, I asked the cop if needed this for evidence. He said, NO, he's a good guy I just pulled him over for a taillight out and he had a warrant, he's not intoxicated so I'm not doing anything about that. I said OK, well to keep everyone from an ass chewing, I'll dump it out and trash it over in the dumpster. Cop said good idea, and we didn't see that.

cce1302

Full Access Member
In Indiana, we have no duty to inform.

I can be respectful without telling the police I'm carrying a gun.

Also, like the contents of my car, house, or pockets, it's none of his business.

"No, officer, I do not consent to a search."

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
We don't have to consent to search. Our law is just to show your permit with your license IF you're carrying. They'll usually ask, are you carrying now? Yes, where is it, right hip paddle holster. OK Cool. Don't she me yours, I won't she you mine. I'll be right back. Or they might talk to you about what your carrying and then start a firendly gun conversation. I really think most cops like the idea. I know they do in my city, but OKC a bit different. In Moore, OKC cops are known as pussies, and I see why.

So far I've only had one bad experience, and that was an OKC cop, when I was trying to get into my real estate office and the key had been changed witout me knowing it. This was like 2am so it did look suspicious, but damn, when I have a business card with the address and name of the place of it, and my name.... Yeah, they treated me like a fuggin criminal. I did talk to a supervisior about it the next day. I did get a call back and an apology out of it, but big whoop. I'd have rather the cops been put on suspension for a week without pay. They sure deserved it.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
In Indiana, we have no duty to inform.

I can be respectful without telling the police I'm carrying a gun.

Also, like the contents of my car, house, or pockets, it's none of his business.

"No, officer, I do not consent to a search."

Yep but i think my NRA sticker and wilson combat nissan emblem replacment might give me away. LOL!

cce1302

Full Access Member
Yep but i think my NRA sticker and wilson combat nissan emblem replacment might give me away. LOL!

Understood.

And the only formal conversation I've had with a police officer while I was carrying was when he saw that I was carrying openly, and thought he'd enforce his opinion about carrying firearms in Indiana.

Other than that one, I don't give officers a reason to talk to me, and they leave me alone.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Sat for 2 hours and was looking for a pillow for the pew. All of us were let go. Every body plead out. Better than bleeding out.

Members online

No members online now.