Hey everyone

Buddychrist

Full Access Member
Jeebus dude. Lions and Tigers and....well, bears? Any bears? lol

If you're going to drop that kind of coin on a rifle try to find a used Barrett M95 bolt action. I don't know if I'd even trust a .308 to do the job on a 600lb cat. That's a big f****** kitty.

Or maybe an AR chambered in .50 Beowulf would be a cheaper option if you don't need to go out past 100 yards with it.

No bears lol

I have been looking at the Beowulf for a long time but if I wanted to go that route the .45/70 is basically the same round believe it or not. I can get a .45/70 lever action for $600

infidel

My name is T Starr and I am from the VTCOA forum, I used to be the one who did the photoshop thread but my computer burned out so until I get a new one which since I am a disabled firefighter it is going to take a long time but eventually I will be able to edit photos again!

Who's ready to talk about guns!!!!????

I'm ready to talk about the fact that you are a firefighter and your computer burned up.

Seems...............odd. :D

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
C'mon man not funny!

I am really worried here

If you are truly that concerned then I would be looking to move. A cat is a predator with eons of instinct. An escapee would be waiting in the bush to jump you never giving you a chance to get to your weapon. I don't know what your layout is (bushes, trees, flat open land) but you may never see it coming. Obviously now that they (animal keepers) are in and established they'll never move. Thinking that having a big enough gun will make you safe is false hope. You may not get the word that one has escaped, you may not have time to get to your weapon.

Is your land adjacent to the wildlife refuge property? If so, maybe she'll be interested in buying your property in order to expand. Just a thought in case you're considering relocating. Good luck with your situation.

Last edited:

Buddychrist

Full Access Member
If you are truly that concerned then I would be looking to move. A cat is a predator with eons of instinct. An escapee would be waiting in the bush to jump you never giving you a chance to get to your weapon. I don't know what your layout is (bushes, trees, flat open land) but you may never see it coming. Obviously now that they (animal keepers) are in and established they'll never move. Thinking that having a big enough gun will make you safe is false hope. You may not get the word that one has escaped, you may not have time to get to your weapon.

Is your land adjacent to the wildlife refuge property? If so, maybe she'll be interested in buying your property in order to expand. Just a thought in case you're considering relocating. Good luck with your situation.

To be honest I have put too much $$$ and hard work into my land and I can't do it again regardless if I get a ton of money for my property I don't have the lower back to do all of that work again. Once I get my spinal fusion done in a few weeks I will be laid up for six months of rehab and I will have plenty of time to plan for a kitty attack.

But just because Africa moves next door doesn't mean I am going to pickup and move and leave all of my blood sweat and hard work behind.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
To be honest I have put too much $$$ and hard work into my land and I can't do it again regardless if I get a ton of money for my property I don't have the lower back to do all of that work again. Once I get my spinal fusion done in a few weeks I will be laid up for six months of rehab and I will have plenty of time to plan for a kitty attack.

But just because Africa moves next door doesn't mean I am going to pickup and move and leave all of my blood sweat and hard work behind.

I understand. Moving would be one of the last things I would want to do too. Again, good luck with your situation and your surgery and rehab.

ninja man

Full Access Member
ouch, back fusion........ im due for one of those in the future..... thanks to a couple of motorcycle accidents.

i hope it all goes well for you

Buddychrist

Full Access Member
ouch, back fusion........ im due for one of those in the future..... thanks to a couple of motorcycle accidents.

i hope it all goes well for you

Man I'm ready for that Titanium cage and Rods so bad I can almost taste it. Once you've been in pain for a year + you get excited at the thought of being without pain. Since I refuse to take narcotics it's going to be a world of difference!

It's going to be great going into airports after this.

ninja man

Full Access Member
luckily i had surgery to postpone the fusion, but i feel you in the pain dept.

those metal detectors are going to be fun. just tell them you got brass balls

Arckadian

I dont fly so the TSA cant mess with me like that.... It is just easier to avoid playing that rat race game they have... There is no point going to Nazi's R Us - the not so friendly skies.... Just me opinion of course. I always got the "extended search" when I use to fly.

Buddychrist

Full Access Member
They can check me all they want but I'm not getting a cavity check just because I have a fusion. They can stick me through the X-ray

Members online

No members online now.